jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
After reading all the posts on the Kioti vs. Kubota thread, I decided to drive to the Kioti dealer and see what the CK30 was like up close and personal.

The dealership was basically a farmyard where they sold balers, spreaders, and Kiotis. They said they've been selling them for about 10 years -- I didn't think they'd been in the country that long.

I looked at the CK20 and CK30. I was impressed by the fact that even the little 20 had a good suspension seat, but not impressed by the fact that it wouldn't tilt forward to keep it dry in the rain when out in the field.

I should mention that the temperature was 2F here last night. I think the dealers place was about the same, definitely less than 10 when I got there -- 35 or so miles away. Both tractors started up readily, although the guys expressed some concern about that because they had summer fuel in them and they were sitting outside.

The 30 has several features I didn't expect. Tilt wheel, folding ROPS, very nice suspension seat, rubber mats on the platform, backing light, shuttle shift, synchro gearbox, telescoping lift arm ends, crank to level 3 pt from seat, stabilizers with pins instead of turnbuckle, swinging drawbar, reclining seatback, etc. There were no soft or obviously vulnerable parts hanging low to get caught up in branches or stuff.

I found the seat to lack enough rearward travel for my legs -- I have a 32" inseam length -- and the pedals seem to be high above the platform, requiring some awkwardness of motion on my part to operate. Similarly, the size of the seat itself seemed a bit small for my frame. The bottom and back both seemed short. The neutral lockout on the shuttle is a nice feature, but you need to know to lift the lever before you can move it. The gear selector was nicely placed on the left fender, similar to the loader joystick on the right. The range selector on the left and 3 pt. control on the right are pretty much standard stuff.

I found no glaring lack of quality in paint or finish, but things were pretty icy, too. The steering brakes work well. The PTO is independent with a 2 stage clutch. The steering is hydrostatic as opposed to power assisted mechanical. There is a separate pump for the steering, but the two pumps come as a tandem unit with a crossflow capability, which made me wonder why they bothered. The guy said that they can prioritize steering needs over implement needs if push comes to shove. The tires were 6 ply rated R1s

He said a cash price would be $17,400 with a loader and 54" bucket but if I could write a check this month it would be $16,725. That's in the same neighborhood as the L3400 I was looking at Saturday. Certainly close enough that the dealership would make the difference for me.

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #2  
I think that is a pretty fair evaluation. Your definately not buying the Rolls Royce of tractors, but at least in my experience it has been very dependable and done everything I have needed. I don't know if prices have gone up a lot since I purchased mine or if you are in an expensive region, or if that dealer is just a little pricy but, that is more than $2,000 over what I paid for mine and I have HST. Also, my seat will flip forward to keep the rain off.

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #3  
Mine, an HST model about 4 months old, was also more than 2000$ cheaper and I passed up on the cash rebate since I used the 0% financing. Mine didn't come with a backup light though. On the HST model my 32" inseam has no trouble, clutching all day might be a different story.

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #4  
I bought mine in March and the seat folds forward and does not have any suspension. That's a pretty new feature I think.

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #5  
He is probable in one of them higher priced areas. The price quote is even more than what I paid for my TC29D New Holland with Super-Steer which adds about a grand more.

But his price cmparing in the same area he was very close to the Kubota which is interesting because I thought the Kioti would be priced less.

murph

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw
To clarify, the seat on the 20 didn't tip forward, but that on the 30 did. The seats were quite different. The 20 did not have an adjustable backrest or armrests, but seemed to have a better suspension system with more vertical travel and a really nice ratcheting adjustment, much better than the knob on the front of the seat on the 30. Of course, how often is a guy going to adjust the seat that he'd appreciate the difference?

I found it had brake lights, and that they stayed on when you set the parking brake. Maybe all my tractors have been old, but I never saw brake lights on one before, either. Hazards, yes. Turn signals on big Ag tractors, yes. But no brake lights on machines this size. Not a bad idea, but I never saw it before. I didn't think to ask about turn signals, but I think it probably has them if it's got brake lights.

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #7  
"Mine didn't come with a backup light though. " The light on the fender or rear of the tractor is not a backup light. Its an implement light used to keep track of whatever is being used behind you at night. Years ago people used to call them "plowing lights" because on a good evening you could plow most of the night if you had decent forward facing lights plus the "plow light" to be able to see what you were doing behind. Didn't mean to hijack the thread but thought you might want to know what it really is.... Bobg in VA

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #8  
Very Interesting...I test drove the Ck30 a few weeks back and the dealer here in NY REALLY sharpened his pencil...said I could have it for $17,500 with a loader. I'm now glad that I've continued to shop around.

I still don't own a tractor but I'm getting a great a lot of useful info from TBN.

I've tired Deere, Kubota & Kioti and I'm having a real difficult time deciding. There are certain features on models that I like, however, the bottom line is getting the most for the dollar spent....especially if it will do all I need it to do for the next 5 to 7 years.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They said they've been selling them for about 10 years -- I didn't think they'd been in the country that long.
)</font>

They have been in the states 20 years.... in 1969 they acutally got techinal cooperation from Ford, later on that year they made their (daedong) first tractor. Daedong History

/ jWent to see a CK30, this is what I saw #10  
I agree that they do not lack in quality. The CK30 is one very nice looking machine. I have been checking out the L3400 closely and today I did about what you did. Went to clarify a question on the L34 and decided to stop and take a look at the kioti since one was just around the corner from this Kubota dealer. The Ck30 is offering a lot of tractor, nice looking tractor, for the money. The price of the Ck30 hydro was about the same as the L34 HST. This did not surprise me. I was not expecting it to be a lot less. As I said, it was an impressive tractor.