JD 2305 vs. 650 vs Kubota BX

/ JD 2305 vs. 650 vs Kubota BX #1  

cannonretreat

Tractor
JD650
I am considering trading my JD 650 for either a 2305 or a Kubota BX. I like the "quick-attach" features of both sub-compacts, as I am getting older and less agile. Current attachments are snowblower, rotary mower, rear blade and 3 point sander/spreader plus tire chains. I am not sure if the power of the new tractors will match what I currently have with the 650. Most current attachments will also need to be replaced. The 650 has under 1000 hours and was bought at auction 10 years ago. It runs well, but needs some shop work to check hydraulics, and minor repairs (I don't have the facilities or knowledge to do more than routine maintenance!)

Any suggestions and recommendations from the savvy users out there?

/ JD 2305 vs. 650 vs Kubota BX #2  
I think I'd start by visiting a salesman at your JD store and asking him why you should consider the 2305 instead of the Kubota. Tell him what you have, whether he thinks you should trade or sell, etc.

Depends on how much of a hurry you're in, too.

/ JD 2305 vs. 650 vs Kubota BX #3  
I think the dealer you are working with would have the most bearing on this decision. In my opinion, the 2305 and BX are equivalent machines. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, but those are small. The price and dealer support would separate the two. I do not know much about the older JD's but I recall the 650 being a bit larger machine than the 2305 and BX. It might be a closer match to the 2320 and 2520 JD's. They are more expensive but offer some big tractor features in a small package. You might also want the JD dealer to price one of those, just for kicks. Perhaps if the difference were small, you could upgrade to a full Cat 1 hitch and heavier build. Just a thought.

John M

/ JD 2305 vs. 650 vs Kubota BX #4  
I looked at both - the JD 2305 was priced lower than the Kubota - however when I looked at the Kubota B7800 and it was a little more than the 2305 - but $5,000 less than the next level of JD. The 2305 vs the B7800 was less than $3,000 with fld, rear finish mower, box & rear blade.

For what it is worth