Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to ship compact tractor

Like to ship a kubota L35 from east coast to west coast. Quotes have received so for are $3,000 - $6,000, yet a pickup of the same size and weight can be shipped for $1200-$1500. Any suggestions as to car carrier type companies that ship tractors?

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

Default Re: How to ship compact tractor

Go here to check out people that will haul tractors.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded

I started a thread on this before but for the life of me I can't seem to find it.

I was trying to get a tractor shipped to Canada. I never did - bought locally.

If I would have shipped the company I would have used (after a lot of research) is Best Ways Brokerage Inc. They are brokers that contract with LTL companies and specialize in moving machinery. The quote I got from them from Texas to Toronto, Canada was about $1000US - pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
    Tractor
    55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284

Curt,
    I had my tractor shipped from MO to Southern CA and it cost me $2,000. It was the BEST deal I could find and that was BEFORE the gas price increase. I think you can do a little better than $3000 but don't be surprised if it's close to that.

Keep us posted on what it actually cost and who the shipper is, will you?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2003 BX2200

Wow, that's a lot of $$$ down the tubes.........

Any chance you could:

**Sell what you have now and buy on the other coast??

**Buy a good trailer (assuming you have a pickup) and haul it yourself while you move out there??

I'd sure look long and hard at not having to pay that in transportation to someone else, but that's only me.........

Ron

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200

Looked in the phone book this morning under "automobile transport", called 1 place (must have been 40-50 listings, but about half of them were to drive your car someplace, the other half were for hauling on a truck) to get an idea of the cost to move a tractor about 212 miles. Came to $175, or 83 cents per mile. I'm sure the per mile cost would be a lot lower for a long haul and I probably would have found a lower price with a few more phone calls.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

Try your closest YELLOW FREIGHT distributor. I shipped a golf cart by them from FL to AZ for about $500. You have to deliver it to the loading dock and pick it up from the dock but that might be a cheaper option.

Tractor
    2000 New Holland TN65 & 1956 John Deere 50

You might try advertising in the local paper...asking if there is someone who maybe heading your way with an empty trailer.

Case in point, I'm heading from NH to central Pa in the next month or so with an empty 12,000 lb trailer. I'd be more than happy to arrange a deal with someone who wants a tractor, auto or whatever to be shipped.

Just a suggestion.....good luck.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7360SS & Craftsman GT3000 23 HP w/50

I bought my tractor (about the same size as the L35) from a JD dealer in Alabama about four years ago. They contacted a local freight company, who shipped it to New Hampshire for $1000. They just emptied the fuel and loaded it right onto a regular semi trailer. I just needed a loading dock at my end. The rise in fuel prices may have doubled that price by now. I would just keep calling the local freight carriers.

Tractor
    John Deere 9520T 36-inch track

I see a lot of people are having the same issue with tractor shipping. I like www.shiphawk.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast