John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #1  

dewitt

I am looking at buying a Kubota 7800 - 4 cylinder 4wd or a Deere 4410 - both new - any input on the reasons why to go with the Deere vs the Kutota - Deere seems to be more expensive?

/ John Deere vs Kubota #2  
I'm looking at a similar machine(s), and realize these are two different beast. Fact, the Deere is much heavier and likely more capable in terms of moving materials, etc., and I think when you compare on "size" you would need to compare the B7800 to Deere's most likely comparison the 2520, similar size macines and the differences are smaller. I think to compare the 4410, you would need to be looking at the L-series of Kubota.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #3  
They are both great machines. Go with the best dealer period. You'll probably find not as much difference in price as you expect. The retail price on Deere's web site is certainly much higher than market price. Local dealer here is around 12% to 15% off on first quote. Good luck. Either machine is eye candy for me. I'm jealous.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #4  
The previous poster is correct that you're comparing apples and oranges. I looked at JD 2210/4010 and Kubota 7500 & BX1830. What I didn't like about the Kubota was the positioning of the turning brakes. They're behind the HST pedal. You basically can't use them as turning brakes because the only way to hold the HST pedal down and hit the brakes is with cruise control, but it automatically goes off if you hit a brake. The bigger Kubota also had quite high foldable ROPS. I went with the 4010 because its ROPS would fit underneath normal garage doors and through normal double doors (one of the many reasons, anyway). At that time, there was a healthy discount off the MSRP (about 25%) on 4010 and 2210 models. Hopefully, this is still the case with the newer models.

Ralph

/ John Deere vs Kubota #5  
I went through this a few years ago. Both the 7800 and the 4000 tens just started coming out. Kubota now offers the 3030 series. I ended up on a B7800 for operator features and ergonomics. There was one technical specs that just stood out for me, namely the 3 cylinder vs. 4 cylinder engine.

Both brands are fine machines, my deciding factor was price/feature/dealership location.

I suggest more reading in both forums, or perhaps a visit to both JD's and Kubota's web sites for their technical comparisions - head to head.

Then of course a visit to both dealerships for test drives.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ John Deere vs Kubota #6  
I don't know if you have looked at the L2800/L3400, but maybe these would be a better comparison...

/ John Deere vs Kubota #7  
I was also in a similar situation. The Deere dealer made it easier by finding me a "used" (40 hours pulling a wagon at an air festival) 4310 at the same price as a lesser Kubota.

You really can't go wrong either way - both great tractors!

Let the price, dealer, reputation guide you... If the prices were the same, I'd give the edge to the Deere of course.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #8  
LAXPatrick... Nice avatar!

/ John Deere vs Kubota #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am looking at buying a Kubota 7800 - 4 cylinder 4wd or a Deere 4410 - both new - any input on the reasons why to go with the Deere vs the Kutota - Deere seems to be more expensive? )</font>

Two words... Kubota Diesel... Check the classifieds on this site.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #10  
Wow, John Deere vs. Kubota - dang, why didn't I think of starting a thread comparing the two?? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Short version: 'Bota hydro bombproof. Ten series vs. 'bota, advantage 'bota. Twenty series vs. 'bota: gosh, look at the time, gotta go now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Twenty series, especially cab models, VERY impressive. Loaded with technical marvels. 'Bota's still very attractive due to ruggedness, simplicity and insane reliability, but JD really put it all together with the Twenty's. Just wish they weren't all turbos, and could be ordered in more "basic" configurations with less to possibly break. Maybe they just really don't break though, in which case: /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Your tractor color may vary.