Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti)

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #21  
Messick,

You misread my post. I was supporting your argument. My point was, I think the same as yours, that weight of tractors is not correlated with quality.

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #22  
If you want to believe that ANY Kubota tractor is heavy duty, go ahead. It is amazing what some people will believe.

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #23  
Hey Jerry

We use our tractors for basically the same thing. You use a tiller and I use a housekeeper in the barns. I can tell you this that when I first got my M9000 low profile it felt pretty big in those poultry barns. I have pay pretty close attention or I can damage a wall pretty easily /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. For my uses more weight would just use more fuel. What I would really like is my M9000DTL with a hydrostatic transmission. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you want to believe that ANY Kubota tractor is heavy duty, go ahead. It is amazing what some people will believe.
)</font>

So what you want is a 30 year old tractor then? The kind that where built before advanced metal casting and all the technologies that have made machinery better faster cheaper? I just don't see the point, if Kubota's machines where breaking under heavy use you may have a valid point, but thats clearly not the case.

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #25  
<font color="blue"> For my uses more weight would just use more fuel. </font>
Exactly, they both have their place.

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #26  
<font color="blue"> I just don't see the point</font>
That I believe. If I wanted heavy duty and the bells and whisles. I would buy 5400 series. I wanted to just putter around and mow grass but it I wouldn't need heavy duty.

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti)
{ahem} So . . . . back to the point:

Does anyone think there's a comparable tractor out there that would be better on rough terrain, steep terrain, or off-camber situations?

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #28  
You might want to look at what I plan on checking out for my next tractor. A MF 3400 series. If it had duals or adjustable wheels were installed, it would go just about any where. They have even a lower cog that the 400 LP.

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #29  
I'm no tractor expert but I've been around here long enough to understand Gerry explanation and comments...cag

/ Tractor comparisons (MF, Kubota, Kioti) #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm no tractor expert but I've been around here long enough to understand Gerry explanation and comments...cag )</font>

I just bought a L3400 and I total agree with Jerry. I love my Kubota but to compare it to a 400 series Massey is like comparing a Metro to a Volvo. I have been on tractors since I was knee high to a Junebug and to park my L3400 next to my Dad's 5205 JD is no comparison. Everything on the JD is built heavier.