By company, heel-toe or two pedal

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #1  

Cliff_Johns

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4110
Which tractor companies use heel-toe and which use two pedal for HST transmissions?

(Please, please, don't get into a preference or which is better discussion. That's not the point here.)

I know Kubota uses heel-toe, and Deere uses two pedal.

What about the other companies?

Cliff

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #2  
And to me, more importantly, which ones have the turning brake pedals on the same side as the forward/reverse pedals?
Deere puts them on the opposite so they are functional.

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #3  
And we might as well throw in which ones allow operating one brake without returning the pedals to neutral and/or shutting off the cruise control. Since there are probably differences between different models from the same company, it would be good to say what tractor is under consideration in any responses.

This could be a very informative thread, if we can keep all answers based on definite knowledge from experience with that model and transmission.

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #4  
On a NH Class 1, they use a heel-toe pedal, with brakes on the same side. You can use one brake(right one I think) without shutting off the cruise.

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #5  
New Holland Class III Boomer's use 2 pedals on the right side.

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #6  
Montana's, 2 pedals on the right side.

Maka

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #7  
Mahindra 2810HST, two pedal set up on right. One main brake pedal on right which stops the cruise control. Two steer brakes on left.

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #8  
My Kioti CK20 HST has a heel-toe HST pedal and the brakes are on the same side (right side - sitting on the tractor) . The brakes are two pedal with a locking level for both at the same time.

I do not know which brake pedal(s) can be used with the cruise control. I usually push forward on the HST pedal with my heel and brake with my toe. A size 11 boot helps too!

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #9  
Here's a rundown of the companies that I know of:

John Deere - dual-pedal
Kubota - treadle-pedal
Kioti - treadle-pedal
Mahindra - 15 Series - treadle-pedal, 10 Series - dual-pedal
Case/New Holland - Sub-Compact, Class III - dual-pedal; Class I, II - treadle-pedal
Farmtrac - dual-pedal
Montana - dual-pedal
Cub Cadet - treadle-pedal
Massey Ferguson - 1400 Series - treadle-pedal, 1500 - small-chassis - treadle pedal; large chassis - dual-pedal
AGCO - treadle-pedal (not sure)
Challenger - treadle-pedal (not sure)

/ By company, heel-toe or two pedal #10  
A bit related and of interest to those who use steering brakes -- there is a relatively simple way to disconnect the cruise shut off on Case brake systems. From today's visit with a salesman, it is apparently a simple electrical connection to unplug. So, when anticipating using the steering brake for a job ahead, a person could unplug the disconnector and have the steering brakes while the cruise was still on.

I'm going to go out on limb here since I haven't seen the wiring and suggest that a reasonably handy person could install a switch in that line to deactivate the auto-off feature as needed. The sales guy said they had disconnected the shut off on a DX 33 they had recently sold at customer request. This could simplify things for people who use the brake quite a bit.

Does anyone know if it coud be this simple on other machines?