Caterpillar engines

/ Caterpillar engines #22  
Most states have very strict guideline about hirring and firing employees. In the state of Georgia you really don't have to have a valid bomb-proof reason for letting employees go. I could fire everybody that worked here today because I "felt like it was the best thing to do and they all smell bad" and there would nothing they could do...

Of course I could be stretching it a bit, but I am no law major either. This is however, a large reason as to why a lot of companies do business in Georgia. Georgia is "employer friendly" whereas most states are "employee friendly".

/ Caterpillar engines #23  
tposts,

It's "Yan-mar", not "Yam-nar".
Your spelling is getting stuck in my brain and making me /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif!

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Caterpillar engines #24  
I was also under the assumption that Georgia does not have the unions that seem to cause businesses to leave NY. I am not possitive on this, but when Carrier in Syracuse, NY moved part of it's operations to Georgia, I remember them discussing the union situation here in NY.

/ Caterpillar engines #25  
<font color="blue"> It's "Yan-mar", not "Yam-nar". </font>

Woops....sorry.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Caterpillar engines #26  
<font color="blue"> Yup, the new 20 series JD compact tractors use the PowerTech engine - 4120 thru 4720. </font>

If thats the case, I stand corrected !!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Caterpillar engines #27  
Gamble, I was curious how the Cat engine in the Cub 6284D generates 28 HP with just 69.01 CID? Most every other mfg requires 80+CID to attain that kind of HP. Is this one of those instances where HP is somewhat misleading and torque is the real determining factor, or are they just that much more refined?
Thanks,
John