6500 4wd

/ 6500 4wd #1  

redbay

I'm looking to by a tractor within the next 3 months. I am looking at a Mahindra 6500 4wd. I need a tractor with a FEL and backhoe. I have a lot of dirt and stumps to move. I own 50 hilly acres. Will this be a good tractor for this type of work.

/ 6500 4wd #2  
Sounds like dozer work to me.

/ 6500 4wd
I had some dozer work done. It cost me about 10,000 and i need alot more done. So i thought it would be cheaper to by a tractor with the attachments and do the work my self.

/ 6500 4wd #4  
how big are the stumps?

if they aren't too big you should be okay.

you could buy a dozer then sell it after a couple of months and not lose much, if any, value.

/ 6500 4wd
some of the stumps are huge. I thought about getting a backhoe and then selling it later. But i thought if i got a tractor with the backhoe attachment i could have the best of having a backhoe and tractor. Take off the backhoe when i don't need it and us a bushog or grader blade when i need it.

/ 6500 4wd #6  
I have a 6500 fwd but i think perhaps it would be better to rent or hire a wheeled loader of sufficient size with rake to do the heaviest work such as stump removal. Let the stumps lie where you dig them and come back later with your tractor to do the piling for burning. I researched the mahindra for several months and it seems like a good purchase. I also bought one of those "off the wall brands" Long 460 in 1979, it takes a lickin and is still kickin.