Tractor Recomends

/ Tractor Recomends #11  
Hi Nate,
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As far as how much money, boss said just go get it.)</font>
I like this part a lot...
In that case, a crazy suggestion would be to buy two tractors. Get one for your finish mowing and light work and a HD 4WD BIG tractor for your other chores(and fun) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The boss can use the smaller tractor and have fun on it at the same time you are pulling stumps or pushing dirt around. You guys could spend the weekends "tractoring" together instead of playing golf. Get some walkie talkies or radios and have a blast. It's a great way to spend "quality time" together.

You'll break free of the limitations of one tractor because you can customize each one with impliments for more specific duties. Just ask John (CT Tree Guy)...(he has about 50 chainsaws). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor Recomends #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
As far as how much money, boss said just go get it. )</font>

Wow! Now that's an invitation for more advice than you could ever use from the guys here!

Since you have an "unlimited" budget, think about how much maneuverability will mean in your mowing. Do you have a lot of tight turns to make? Will you be going around trees and landscaped islands, or is it all open lawn?

A midmount mower will do a better job as a mower than a rear finish mower, but will get in the way when working in the woods.

With an open checkbook, have you thought about a dedicated mower like a large ZTR for the lawn and then a tractor without mower for the other work?

For just one machine, I'd seriously look at the Case/NH 33's, as well as the Agco/Massey 33's in their small-medium chassis. If you get a Woods loader, the QA style has 2 different grapples available and a 4 in 1 bucket, either of which would be great in the woods.

The overall length of these 2(4) is pretty close to 9 feet without attachements. These are about 2400 to 2500 lb machines, the factory loader lifts about 950 lb, the 3 points about 1600. The NH can come with Supersteer, which makes it more maneuverable than other machines in this class. Check the turning circles on the various machines you are considering in addition to all the other stuff.

/ Tractor Recomends
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
With an open checkbook, have you thought about a dedicated mower like a large ZTR for the lawn and then a tractor without mower for the other work?)</font>

We already have rigs for the larger work. We just want kind of an all around rig to do the small stuff. Something that is around, we can get on it quick and do the quickie stuff. I don't think I need the Supersteer because the mid mower mount will make it tough to take the mower off quick. I wished someone would make a good finish type pull mower that would be quick to unattach.

Nate

/ Tractor Recomends #14  
There are quite a few rear mount finish mowers out there. Check Woods for starters. Most of them have multiple blades like a MMM, but usually don't follow the terrain quite as well hanging out back.

/ Tractor Recomends
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There are quite a few rear mount finish mowers out there. Check Woods for starters. Most of them have multiple blades like a MMM, but usually don't follow the terrain quite as well hanging out back. )</font>

I saw a gang pull type one time and now can't find it anymore. It was in three sections and was about 10ft wide. I am wondering if I could move up to the Case DX45 and pull a 10footer with it?

Nate

/ Tractor Recomends #16  
Nate, I wouldn't worry too much about the 84 vs 72 inch mower. The time difference mowing will be less than the % difference in size and that is only 16%. Four hours with the 72 would be at least 3hr 20min with the bigger mower and that assumes it gets into all the areas the 72 can get etc. I imagine the getting ready and putting things to bed time would be the same for both so the real difference in time would be less.

But from another perspective, you could probably be a couple or three beers ahead at the end of the day with the bigger mower. Maybe I see your point after all. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Tractor Recomends #17  
<font color="blue"> I have other tractors available to me for the woods work. </font>

Holdin' out on us eh??? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey, please fill us in on exactly what you've got; that'll make all the difference in figuring out what additional hunk(s) of iron you need to buy in order to do what you want to do.

Makes, models, hours, hitch categories, loader models/ratings (if applicable), attachments, what kind of tires, what size tires, tire condition, cab/non-cab, tranny types, the works.

The more we know, the more we can help.

Thanks, John

/ Tractor Recomends #18  
I have heard a complaint with the supersteer and the FEL, it makes it real tippy when having a full bucket and turning real sharp...

/ Tractor Recomends #19  
nat
just some advice, go 2 your loc dealers in your area. check it out. ask ? of the dealer how they service what parts do they carry, how long do parts take if they r not in stock. do they have a mech things like that.

than see if they would come 2 your house for a demo. that way u can get a good idea if u got the right size tractor.

the only thing u should do is narrow it down 2 a few dealers and go from there.

/ Tractor Recomends #20  
I don't have much need for dealers, other than the fact that they are the ones who sell the tractors.

I figure out what I want, then go to the dealer or dealers that carry it.

Buying something that tends not to break helps a lot too; that's one of the main reasons I bought a Kubota.