pierced frame gooseneck

/ pierced frame gooseneck #1  

SWinTexas05

Tractor
Kubota M6800
I am going to purchase a 32 foot dual tandem in the next few months. I am interested in the pierced frame option. This significantly lowers load height but I wonder how the trailer does in rough ground at full articulation. I am interested in your opinions, for or against. Thank you

/ pierced frame gooseneck #2  
I know a few people with the lo-pro gooseneck, mine is not. None of them have had frame problems that I know of. My next gooseneck will have the pierced frame.

/ pierced frame gooseneck #3  
Can someone explain what a pierced frame is? Thanks

/ pierced frame gooseneck #4  
I would try to avoid a full articulation with any gooseneck as much as possible. While you sometime do what you need to do, you are really jacking hard on those tires. Lots of stress on everything. I don't know about the tandem dually but you can roll a tire right off the rim on a single tandem.

I never heard that term "pierced frame" either?

/ pierced frame gooseneck
A pierced frame has the top cross braces that support the wooden deck cut into the top of the main I-beams that run longways down the trailer. It lowers the height of the trailer ~5 inches. If you do a web search for a pierced frame gooseneck, you will get pictures that explain it better than I can. What I was really wanting to know was if the tires would rub at full articulation with a load. As far as hurting the frame both of these trailers come with a torque tube standard. Thank you