Cadet 6000 -- Caterpillar engine?

/ Cadet 6000 -- Caterpillar engine? #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
While on the Mahindra board, I read a post about some Cadets being mitsu powered and made like Mahindra 15 series are now. I went to the Cub Cadet site and found the 6000 series has Caterpillar engines. Does anyone know anything about the genealogy of Caterpillar? Where are their engines made now? I'm presuming not in the U.S. since we seem to have pretty much given up on production in the small diesel engine market. What about the rest of the tractor?

My local Kubota/Case/Cadet dealer does not have much good to say about the Cadet CUTs. What do you guys think? Are there good models and bad ones, or all they all the same? Experiences will help a lot. I owe some loyalty to Cadet and this dealership, but want to get the right machine for my needs, too. How would you compare Cadet to Case, value per dollar?

/ Cadet 6000 -- Caterpillar engine? #2  
Those "CAT" diesels in the 6000 series are actually Perkins motors. CAT bought out Perkins and a lot fo CAT's smaller motors are Perkins diesels.

The 5000 & 6000 series Cub compacts are actually built by Cub in the USA...however, as much as I hate to say this I think there are better compacts on the market in their price range. The 5000 series is more attractive for the $ than the 6000 series...of course this is all just my opinion.

Cub's compact line is scheduled to get a remake in the next year or so.

/ Cadet 6000 -- Caterpillar engine? #3  
We also are a dealer for them, however we don't stock any tractors for one simple reason - its not substantialy cheaper than a NH/Kubota and its not as polished of a product by any strectch.

They do have one thing going for them, it is probably the only truly american made compact out there. If thats important to you Cub is the only real option.