Looking for some input

/ Looking for some input #11  
Mark

My earlier reply apparently disappeared into the ether along with your original post.

Like you, I'm located in Western Mass and I just recently acquired a new 50 hp KAMA last November. If you are up to the challenge of doing some of your own maintenance, you might find a Chinese tractor to be an attractive alternative. I got mine from Artrac www.artrac.com Visit the Artrac website or call Chip directly. He has an excellent reputation, participates a lot in these forums, and has been a great help to me and a lot of others. There are also other dealers around that stock various brands of Chinese tractors. You should also check out the Chinese Tractors forum on this site. The guys there have a lot of knowledge and experience and are very willing to share.

PM me if you want to check out my KAMA.

Steve

/ Looking for some input
Thanks Gamble, I was looking at the Kioti too. Actually, I stopped today on the way home to get an eyefull. I don't seem to see any on their website with HST, are there any similar models with HST in Kioti? I would like that option. I'll check out your website too!
Thanks Again-
Mark

/ Looking for some input
Thanks, I stopped today on the way home to check out the Kioti. I have also been on theor website and it looks like they don't offer a HST?? I'll look at them some more-
thanks again

/ Looking for some input #14  
I bought a 24hp Kubota last year to clear property and plant approx. 2 acres. Planting is fine, but for the amount of clearing and size of saplings and such I have found that 24hp is not enough, along with the light weight of the tractor. I want to use 5ft implements but can't with the tractor that I have. I am probably going to be getting a 33hp Massey Ferguson in the next couple of days. I'm not promoting a brand, just the extra power and weight. The smaller tractor would be great to maintain the property once I get it where I want it, but I don't feel it will get me there as well.

/ Looking for some input #15  
The Kioti CK series can be had with HST. 20, 25 and 30 hp models all have either gear or HST options.

/ Looking for some input #16  
Maybe you need a backhoe instead of more power. I do the same work you are describing on a larger plot of land and do just fine with a 21hp TLB. The Kubota is lighter than my Kioti but you could load tires to add weight. Do you have a toothbar? That is also handy for getting out the smaller saplings that are too big for the brush hog.

/ Looking for some input #17  
btownacres, Kioti does offer HST models in 20hp, 25hp, and 30hp versions. Hope this helps.

/ Looking for some input
thanks again Gamble, every little bit helps. Round one of looking was with NO knowledge, everyone's help on this site will make the next few visits to dealers more informative for me. I know now I will need to look at all choices 2-3 times and drive them all as well.
thanks

/ Looking for some input #19  
Btownacres must refer to Belchertown? I was over there last week. Stopped and looked at the Mahindra 3015 and swung by to see the MF 1533 and a Farmtrac. I think your right on the money with the Mahindra 15 series with HST and Mits. Engine. Side-by-side with competitor, they look much nicer. Farmtrac was well priced with FEL. MF powershuttle really operated nicely. Slightly different operation than HST but a little pricey.

/ Looking for some input #20  
Hi Mark

I have the same basic profile as you 1 clear and 9 woods

http://www.thewantad.com/

http://www.dclassifieds.com/region/02703/ads/equipment&radius=200

Try these two links. the want ad changes adds every tuesday morning at 6 am. I have used both sucessfully in the last year to buy 2 John Deere tractors. The first was a riding mower John Deere LX 277 with 100 hours retail cost 4,700 with bagging system paid 3,000. Second was a John Deere 4600 with 400 hours and Front Loader, Backhoe, and attachments cost new would be 30k++ (see my post looking orange went green) paid 21,900. My average cost is probably 30% off new cost. There are too many tractor combinations to shop. I focused solely on the Kubota line because it has 60% of the market . I thought my best chance for a used deal would be in that 60%. I focused only on two things,loader lift need at least 1500 lbs for any real tree work and real pto of 25 hp to run attachments. I was willing to up or down if I got at least 20% off new value. I came up with the Kubota L3430. I used that as my bench mark to compare all other machines green, blue red, even different shades of Orange. I went to 2 dealers to look new. One quote me 10% off and the other full list. I could gotten 5% more from the dealer orffering 10% but I saved him and I the trouble. This area is too expensive to buy new . Let the dealers make money on service. It is a lot of work to get a deal. I checked the adds every day. It took me two months for the JD LX 277 and three months for the JD 4600 . The person selling the LX 277 bought a machine two small for his lot , there was new Exmark in his yard when I picked up mine. The second was moving, with his permission I called the dealer that he bought from, to make sure the machine was not stolen and the service manager also gave me a quick rundown on the service history because he was looking for my business. I paid full asking price for both machines. Don't screw it up by getting greedy. People used to ask me what my father looked like. I said he was the man with short arms and deep pockets. I look just like him.

Happy shopping

John