Please settle an argument on sales numbers

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #1  

jd2210

Silver Member
Tractor
2210 JD
I have been a member here for some time but haven't posted for aa dogs age. But now I need some of the more educated posters opinion on settling an argument for me. Who are the top 15 or so manufacturers of 0 to 100 hp tractors in retail sales for America, (or North America if you know them)? My "opponent" is claiming some amazing numbers for some awfully small players (in my opinion), but I'm curious to know if he is correct.

For the record I'm posting this question on this particular board because it partains to buying numbers. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #2  
You can bet JD is among the top 15. Beyond that, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regardless what you come up with, he won't believe you and you won't believe him. So the point would be??

I doubt there are even close to 15 NA manufactures of 0-100hp tractors (well the 0 hp ones would be hard to count /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #3  
I'm not sure there are even 15 manufacturers unless you include riding lawnmowers so a list of 1-15 is not particularly useful. You can assume that any of the tractor discussion groups listed on TBN would be included in the top 15.

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #4  
Honestly, no on really knows except the heads of the companies that pay thousands of $$ for the AEM reports. Its difficult to go clear to 100Hp. Below 50 things are pretty certian. The top 4 have about 95% of the market wrapped up.

Kubota (by a huge margin, about 90,000 a year in this class)
John Deere
Case/New Holland
Mahindra (8000 year)

Then it gets fuzzy from here

Kioti does about 3-4000 a year (from their old website that was recently removed)
Zetor is around 500 (this shows up in their press releases)

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #5  
I think TBN is the top seller of tractors between 0-100HP. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #6  
Post your "opponents" numbers and I'm sure you will get some "educated" commentary as it pertains to tractor sales, of course.

John

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #7  
I have to agree with NewToy:

Post your opponents numbers. I don't didn't know that there were that many N.A. manufacturers of tractors in that hp range (unless you count lawn mowers and such). Let us see what his numbers are and we can comment on that.

BC

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers
I guess I should correct myself. I did not mean tractors BUILT in the states, only SOLD in the States.
His numbers? Well for North America he says:
JD 100,000+
Kubota 100,000+
Kioti 15,000
MF 12,000
CNH 10,000
Mahindra 10,000
Then In the 4 to 8,000bracket he had Jinma, Cub Cadet, Yanmar and Taskmaster/Dongfeng
I can only assume with Jinma he also meant the 900 brands they are sold as.
In the under 4000's he says the order goes:
Benye 2500
Montana 2000
PowerTrac 1800
Branson 1600
Foton 1000

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #9  
Messick,

I suspect your numbers are close to what I figure. On Mahindra, about 90,000 a year worldwide, of which I would guess 8-10K go to the USA. Branson I think is about 3500 last year, but I am not certain on that.

/ Please settle an argument on sales numbers #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I guess I should correct myself. I did not mean tractors BUILT in the states, only SOLD in the States.
His numbers? Well for North America he says:
JD 100,000+
Kubota 100,000+
Kioti 15,000
MF 12,000
CNH 10,000
Mahindra 10,000
Then In the 4 to 8,000bracket he had Jinma, Cub Cadet, Yanmar and Taskmaster/Dongfeng
I can only assume with Jinma he also meant the 900 brands they are sold as.
In the under 4000's he says the order goes:
Benye 2500
Montana 2000
PowerTrac 1800
Branson 1600
Foton 1000

)</font>

Your friend is nuts.
In the 40hp and below rankings . . . Kubota, depending on region, has between 50% and 60% of the market and is growing. John Deere is number 2 with roughly 22% of the market. Case/New Holland have something like 12% to 14% of the market. Those three control roughly 90% to 95% of the market. Mahindra is rumored to be #4 in the rankings but I've seen numbers several times that indicate that JINMA is actually #4 in the US with small tractors at nearly 10,000 units sold, with Mahindra at #5 with roughly 8,000 to 9,000 tractors sold.

In the tractors above 40 hp, the ranking change. Deere, Case/New Holland and Massey own larger shares and brands like Kubota, while starting to grow in the 40 to 50hp range are no longer dominant.