First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or?

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #1  

NoviceguyInCT

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX24 TLB & old JD 400, JD H140
First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or?

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifFirst time buyer here, with 3 hilly New England acres and 200 ft driveway to plow. I need a 4wd tractor to plow, dig some drainage ditches, dig up some stumps and small rocks, and perform some light landscaping along with some other relatively light work. I'm seeking a tractor with a BH and FEL that will supply me with years (15 or more) of service.

Local dealers include John Deere, Massey Furguson & Kubota.

Please help me decide what to buy. What should I pay? I have scene several prices for a MF 2310 and Kubota BX23 on this site but do those prices include tax or not? I was quoted $1600.00 for MF2310 w/o tax.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. I really enjoy this site by-the-way.

Jim
(NOVICEGUYinCT) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #2  
Re: First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or?

Get 10 of them at that price!

John

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #3  

wow!!!
Where is that dealer? I'd like to order a couple too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dj

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #4  

You need to ask LBROWN59. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the price of his BX. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You need to ask LBROWN59. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the price of his BX. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Heheh... thats funny. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lets get to the questions. I'm no expert on the SCUTS... but I believe the MF and Kubota are about the same price and the comparable JD's are a bit more. With proper maintenance any of those tractors are capable of lasting 15 years. It might boil down to which dealer is closer, more helpful, etc.

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #6  

Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<font color="blue"> I was quoted $1600.00 for MF2310 w/o tax. </font>
I'm sure we would like to get a new tractor for that price. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Tax would not matter.
Your area of the country seems to have higher prices than we have to pay here is the Mid-West. A BX23 for $16,000. would be a fair price. You may be able to get a better price. Because the new model BX24's are starting to show up at dealers. Check them out on <font color="orange"> Kubota's </font> site.

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifFirst time buyer here, with 3 hilly New England acres and 200 ft driveway to plow. I need a 4wd tractor to plow, dig some drainage ditches, dig up some stumps and small rocks, and perform some light landscaping along with some other relatively light work. I'm seeking a tractor with a BH and FEL that will supply me with years (15 or more) of service.

Local dealers include John Deere, Massey Furguson & Kubota.

Please help me decide what to buy. What should I pay? I have scene several prices for a MF 2310 and Kubota BX23 on this site but do those prices include tax or not? I was quoted $1600.00 for MF2310 w/o tax.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. I really enjoy this site by-the-way.

Jim
(NOVICEGUYinCT) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>
IS IT
$1600.oo
Or
$16000.oo

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #8  

Did you really need clarification on the number of zeros? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Amazing a simple typo can generate so much wasted bandwidth. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #9  

I have the GC2300 (no backhoe) and I am very happy with it. It does all the landscaping work that I ask it to do. I believe that the GC and the BX are the only two SCUTS available with a BH from the factory. I would also add the CK20HST to the list which is a larger chassis tractor and more overall tractor but less HP. I have considered adding a woods groundbreaker X to my GC which I think would make a good package but price for tractor and Woods BH but would be significantly more than buying a machine and BH as a package. I think if I needed a backhoe, I would have gone with the CK20. We can debate center of gravity for each tractor all day long but the best thing to do is probably to ask each dealer if they would let you try each one out on YOUR property and see which one you like best fo your tasks.

Andrew

/ First time buyer needs advice. mf2310 or BX23 or? #10  

For NoviceGuyinCT,

As Andrew mentioned the CK20HST TLB, I have attached a photo just so you can get an idea of size. It is really more the size of the B7510 rather than the sub compacts you initially indicated you were looking at. However, it is not much more expensive than the SCUTs and is a lot more tractor (which can be good or bad depending on intended use).

Attachments

• 822987-IMG_5330 100k.jpg
    822987-IMG_5330 100k.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 321