Lift capacity-------------2,425----------2,865
FEL lift------------------1,350----------1,972
FEL breakout------------2,100----------3,343
BH bucket force---------2,675----------5,676 "best" model
BH bucket force------------------------2,000 "worse" model
BH dipperstick-----------2,105----------2,754 "best" model
BH dipperstick--------------------------1,200 "worse" model

Max pump flow(gpm)-----12.1-----------7.9

These spec are from each companies spec sheets.

As suggested in another thread, I have compared the Mahindra 3510 with the Kioti DK35. Spec sheet wise the 3510 looks pretty good; in fact, it looks so good I am confused.

Kioti has 50% more pump capacity; conversly, Mahindra has 33% less capacity. Mankind has looked for a perpetual motion machine since antiquity.....maybe we have found it. All joking aside, is there anyway a lower capacity pump could achieve such greater performance?

On a side note, the Mahindra back hoe that posted the impressive numbers has a rated flow of 7.9 to 9.5 gpm.....this exceeds the tractor's rated flow....the 3510 is the smallest tractor that comes with that backhoe....maybe the forces listed are best case for the largest tractor?

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #2  
The Mahindra 3510 has a 3.3 GPM Power steering pump.

7.9 + 3.3 = 11.2 GPM total

When you open up the Spec' PDF file on the Mahindra site you'll see the power steering pump listed.

Don

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35
Don, I see what you're talking about....that would put the two about equal (gpm wise). Still, the Mahindra is touting much better performace (FEL & BH) than the Kioti, even though the gpm is slightly lower. Same question, can that be real?

Another question. And this is where the newbie in me is going to shine. Is there only one pump? If not, is the steering pump gpm available to the tractor's hydraulic system when steering is not used? If so, that would explain the Mahindra BH requiring a flow that exceeds pump capacity (minus steering gpm).

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #4  
The 509 backhoe is built by Bradco in Iowa for Mahindra and is a class above most of the rest that you will see on this size tractor. It performs well off the tractor pump, but it is at the bottom edge flow wise. It has plenty of power, but it could be faster. If you need the speed, or want to run the tractor at lower speeds while using the hoe, opt for the 509CP which uses a PTO pump dedicated to the backhoe. We have sold a few dozen of these, most running on tractor hydraulics, but an experienced operator will appreciate the optional pump. This is more backhoe than most people need, but it's hard to buy something else once you have seen this brute.

Keep in mind that gpm is flow, not pressure, and affects speed, not strength.

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #5  
Frank,
As Dave touched on the pressure of the pump and size of the cylinders is what gives you the power to lift. The pump volume (gpm) gives you the speed. You can have a system that is very very slow with a small output pump and still lift a very very heavy load. To increase lift, you can increase pressure and / or you can increase the diameter of the cylinders. If you increase the gpm by installing a larger pump, you will increase the speed.

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #6  
I'll second the Bradco being a great hoe. There was a time when they where clearly better accross the board than anything that NH and Kubota where selling. At that time we used quite a few of them because the performance was remarkably better. Thats since changed in many cases, but its still a very stout backhoe. I'd take it over the Hoe that Kioti uses any day.

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #7  
Frank,

Just a few observations...

On Mahindra's web-site they list the tractor's three point lift capacity 2,865lbs, which is what you state. However, they fail to mention if that is 24" aft of the end balls. Kioti's rating is 24" aft. of hitch, which is a more accurate measure of lifting capacity. If Mahindra's lift capacity if measured AT the hitch then their acutal lift capacity 24" aft of the hitch would actually be lower than Kioti's. Maybe some Mahindra dealers can pipe in on this one.

The only thing I can say about the loaders abilities is that the Kioti's loader has much better rollback and dump angles...other than that it appears the Mahindra has it beat.

There is no doublt that that 509 backhoe is a beast. Overkill for a 35hp tractor in my opinion but a beast none the less. That hoe is rated to dig 9'8", whereas the Kioti hoe is rated to dig 7'5". You can get the KB2385 (8'5" digging depth) backhoe on the DK35 and its specs are obviously better...but with bigger backhoes come larger price tags!!

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( However, they fail to mention if that is 24" aft of the end balls. Kioti's rating is 24" aft. of hitch, which is a more accurate measure of lifting capacity. )</font>

don't you just wish certian companies would stop taking measurements from the pins /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Isn't it funny how thats used to skew customer perception.

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #9  
Can you get the same Bradco backhoe for the kioti?

Just curious, as this would make this a mute point if so..

/ Mahindra 3510 versus Kioti DK35 #10  
The 509 and the 511 MUST have the subframe on the tractor. Bradco builds the subframes as well for the Mahindras. If Kioti doesn't use Bradco, I wouldn't think you could get them to make you one (or if they did you'd really be out some $$) as a lot of engineering goes into that. Reason I know is I have the 511 for my Mah 6000 and I had a rather interesting time trying to get everything to work right.....don't ask---but everything is fine now. BobG in VA