Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps!

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I had the same problem while tractor shopping 3 years ago. I'm 6'2" and tip the scales over 250 with a size 12 footprint. I finally tried the New Holland class III Boomer's (TC-35/40/45) and the problems was solved.

I have a TC35D Hydro and it's really comfortable.

Give the NH's a test sit. Nothing wrong with JD's and Bota's in my book. The NH just fit me better.

ON EDIT: The NH's have side by side pedals, at least the Class III's do. Not sure about the Class II TC-29 and TC-33. )</font>

The Class II TC-29 and 33 have the rocker. I like the single pedal but I do use it mostly by toe going forward and heel backwards but I pivot from the side, I don't rest of the pedal for the most part, well maybe I change back and forth. Ah who cares but I have a 11 foot and you guys with a 14 I can feel for you.

murph

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #12  
Now is the time to check out other brands. I also wear a 14 and weigh 250. I had my hart set on a BX 22 till I tried it out. The dealer tried to push the cruse control. Then I tried a JD 2210 and fell in love with it. I never got around to trying the NH or Case International. I under stand they both come off the same assy line togather.
Good luck

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #13  
I've got the same problem with the Kubota's. I want to like them the best. They seem very well made, but I cannot get comfortable on them. My heel does not want to stretch that way either.

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #14  
I'm just a little feller compared to you monsters /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif 6', 226lbs, size 11 and I've grown to actually like the BX23's treadle pedal.
I've mowed for upto 3 hrs straight with no uncomfort.
I tried to toe and heel it but I end up just slideing my toe back to reverse and slideing it back up to go forward. I barely have to lift my foot to slide it and now I don;t even ave to think about it when I want to change directions.

Like others have said, test 'em all out, enjoy the process.

Volfandt

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #15  
Check out the Class III Boomers, they all have the split hydro pedals. I think you'll like them.

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps!
Wow, incredibly detailed and nice job on the website TC40D project photos! That is probably the most "tricked-out" compact tractor I've ever seen. Can it make coffee too?

Looks like the smallest NH compact that has the dual HST foot pedals is the TC35DA, which might be a little more tractor than I need, but they sure look like nice rigs. I particularly like the unobstructed view when using the FEL. I'll check them out at my local dealer. I also plan to visit the Mahindra dealer and check out a 2815. Thanks to all for the helpful info.

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #17  
Surely you did not miss the photos PineRidge posted of the 3PT combination espresso machine and croissant toaster he welded up one evening. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gotta admire the way he rigged the rear remote to power the coffee bean grinder too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #18  
Another one to check out is the Massey Fergusen 1533 and 1540. The 1533 is speced out much like the Kubota L3130. I like the ergonimics better than on the Kubota. It has a split peddle, but instead of side to side, the forward is in the front and the reverse is in the rear. Similar to the Mahindra above. This is a very nice machine being very refined and smooth running. The Massey's kissin cussin the AGCO ST34a is the exact same tractor with different headlights and painted Orange. Both are worth looking into at least.

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #19  
i looked at thd jd 3320 the peddles were great.... but i ended up getting the massey 1547 hst i love it except still getting used to the brakes on the wrong side.. boy there is alot of big guys here im only 6'4 with a 13 shoe...i also got the 1547 because i did not want to look like a gorilla riding a tricycle....you know vanity is cruel.

/ Big feet + small tractors = leg cramps! #20  
I'll throw my 2 cents in as well. I'm 6'1" 235# and size 13 boot. I have the Mahindra 2615 HST and don't have any problem with the pedals. Plenty of room for me. Biggest problem I have is sitting sideways to use the 3 pt. snowblower. But I'd have that problem with any tractor. Kinda hard to turn around when your all bundled up with winter clothes on. Most of the time I just use the loader bucket for plowing driveways. It's much faster.