Decision made

/ Decision made #1  

btownacres

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF1531
Well, hopefully is ok to put this thread here. After weeks of looking at EVERYTHING, talking to people, and getting some great input from all of you folks here, I put in my down payment yesterday on a Massey. All in all, I found many good brands, each of which had some things others didn't. However, I found the Massey to be a good value for the dollar, plus the dealer has a good rep and is only about a mile away and had been selling them since 1954. They are currently locating exactly what I want, and I hope to have it in the next week or two. Thanks again to all you guys who have helped educate me over these past few weeks.
MF 1531 hydro, FEL, detachable bucket, toothbar, forks & loaded tires, $20k and some change. Will post some pics when she arrives!!
Now, how do I sleep at night until it gets here?
thanks!

/ Decision made
oh yeah, that package also included a 6' rake!

/ Decision made #3  
I have been shopping also and am about ready to make a decision but have not looked at the Massey, what did you like about them other than the good price?

/ Decision made
Well, Massey has been around forever and has a solid reputation, and the dealer in my area also has a good rep. Other than that, some tractors don't have mid PTO's, some do not come with detachable buckets on factory installed units, some you pay extra for that mid PTO, the Massey has nice engine accessabilty with the removable side panels, their 5 year financing was lower than a green tractor. But ultimately, I'm a bit more frugal and wanted to keep the price as low as possible while also staying with a well known brand. The Massey pricing is competitive with the less well know makers so I felt I was getting a great buy for the dollar. Plus the Massey will have great resale as well as trade in value down the road. I could have very easily gone orange for a little more money but would have sacrificed the detach bucket and mid PTO, or gone green and paid 2-3 grand more. But I will say the green tractor was very nice, but lacked the mid PTO as "standard" equip.
Anyway, all I can say being a newbie, is look at ALL of them and know exactly what you need the tractor for. If a few grand is not an issue, then go hog wild and get whatever will make you the most happy. But I certainly don't feel like I "settled" with my Massey... it's a great tractor!
Good luck-

/ Decision made #5  
Cool, another member to the red camp. Be sure and get those pictures up when you get it.

/ Decision made #7  
<font color="blue"> Cool, another member to the <font color="red">red <font color="blue">camp. </font> <font color="black">

What??? He bought a <font color="red">Branson</font>? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Decision made #8  
The Amssey that pops up when you open TBN is sure a fine looking machine, I'd be proud to have one. Good luck with the tractor-hope it's a great one for you.

/ Decision made #9  
btown,

There is nothing wrong with your decision. You got a good tractor. Enjoy it and post pics otherwise most of us won't beleive you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just kiddin,

murph

/ Decision made #10  
Super choice..

I'm leaning towrds the Massey as well. I just like the way they spec out. They are very refined and have a lot of standard features.