Best Subcompact TLB?

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #1  

sorit22

Just wanted to see what you guys think. This is in like the BX24 range, which I've heard is one of the best. What are your opinions? Are there any ways I can get a Mahindra of equal engine/size around the same pricw with the loader/backhoe? They don't have a TLB.

Mahindra is Indian, you know, and very good may I say.

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #2  
Mahindra does not make a sub-compact. They do make a compact tractor but not a sub-compact.

Kubota BX series tractors are smaller, lower, lighter machines and are the most refined of the sub-compact machines.

Other common sub-compacts are sold by JD, New Holland, Case/Farmall and Massey-Ferguson. The Case/Farmall & New Holland machines are virtually identical, as both brands are marketing by the Case-New Holland Corporation. The C/NH machines, as well as the JDs are commonly sold with an aftermarket backhoe. The Kubota and the Massey machines are available with factory backhoes.

Simplicity also has a sub-compact TLB, I've never seen one.

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #3  
Sorit22,

It would be better for you to post some details about your intended uses and size and characteristics of your land if you want to get informed advice on this sort of thing. Is mowing a main goal or is digging the reason you mention TLB? Asking a simple "what's best" on TBN doesn't usually get you informed answers. We all have our favorites but that's not really what you want to hear about.

Also, do you have a price point? Is the SubCUT what you are really after because of size or are you assuming there is a big price difference between the SCUT and the CUTs? These types of questions will help the denizens of TBN give you more informed answers.

Good luck.

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Simplicity also has a sub-compact TLB, I've never seen one.)</font>

Here are some pics of a Simplicity Legacy XL (ROPS police don't worry - this is an old picture, there is a ROPS on it now):

Click image for more.

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #5  
If mowing is going to be your primary usage then the scut is what you want.
If working ground attachment implements where ground clearance is a necessity then the cut is what you want.

Sounds like you've already picked the class so all thats left is the brand/model, correct?
If so, this is now your oppurtunity to really enjoy the process as I did. I went out and tested every contender in the cut & scut class that I could find, and I highly enjoyed it. That helped narrow it down to the scut for me.
All the scuts mentioned are good machines so what you want to do is narrow it down to the machine that fits you best and to a dealer you can strike up a good working relationship with.
After many trips and tests I went with the Kubota BX-23 (the BX-24 was still in development) and haven't looked back since.
It's performed just like I expected it would and in some cases much better. I'm sure owners of the other brands will indicate likewise. Each do the same thing but each are different just enough to give you a different feel.
Go out and talk to the various dealers and try out their wares,
enjoy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Volfandt

Attachments

• 841471-BX23 2006 snow 005.jpg
    841471-BX23 2006 snow 005.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 510
   / Best Subcompact TLB?
basically a lot of digging, hauling and some demolition. I own a building company.

I am assuming a subcompact TLB like the BX24 is much cheaper than the CUT's, like maybe a NH Boomer Compact. Trust me, I don't know a a whole lot about these machines in terms of price and categorization.

I was considering a Mini Excavator and Skid Steer at one point, but perhaps it will be more expensive. I was considering because they're designed to do what they do, instead of an allinone approach.

So, in this case, I need a medium duty tractor that can do what i mentioned (like a NH Boomer compact with loader/backhoe) that is relatively cheap. now, I haven't used a lot of these TLB's and am not aware of how much power is needed to dig a foundation deep or rough work of the sort, but I do have a friend who owns a BX24 and it's a pretty good machine.

Plus, should I stick to my decision of a TLB or go with a skid steer and mini excavator? I personally like the second option.
But at this point I need whatevers cheapest.

Help! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #7  
Sounds like you've just worked your way out of the scut class and up into the cut class.

The BX24 is a great machine but it is suited for estate use and like the other scuts, they have limited digging ability. They'll did all day long but their bites are small. If you want to dig with any semblence of speed you'll need at least a 16" bucket or larger and the scuts are OEM'ed with 10" & 12" buckets. Their FEL's ahve less capacity than the cuts also.

I'd start looking at a minimum of 20hp w/30hp being better. The Kubota B21 may fit your needs. Most all the cuts have an OEM BH option and Woods offers a good aftermarket BH.
Good luck
Volfandt
B21

/ Best Subcompact TLB? #8  
I agree with Volfandt. The SubCUTs are best when mowing is a major part of the work load. They are generally not ideal as construction TLBs.

If you are going to stick with Kubota then the B21 is the way to go as a serious construction tool. You could also configure a B7510 or 7610 as a perfectly capable TLB. Without wanting to start tractor wars, I have a Kioti CK20 TLB which would also be worth looking at if you have a dealer in your area. It has very similar specs to the B21 with regard to BH (so do the B 7510/7610) and FEL (better than the 7510/7610). The B21 costs at least 6-7K more than the other three but is also a dedicated TLB which has its advantages. There are other brands of CUT TLBs to consider as well if there are local dealers or if you are comfortable being further from your dealer. Mahindra, NH, and certainly JD come to mind. I don't know those brands well enough to give you any specific info but you could post questions in those sections. Good luck.

/ Best Subcompact TLB?
I understand. Many builders also have the B21. Now, In this category, which TLB's would you reccomend? I think the B21 is pretty good, I mean its a Kubota. Price is a factor, But ill pay more for a better tractor, maybe like a caterpillar

How about the Skid Steer and Excavator combo? What's the downside?

If you guys are mentioning a tractor, could you kindly include the price with Loader backhoe if possible?

Thanx.

/ Best Subcompact TLB?
btw, I know mahindra tractors are pretty good, and they're a bit cheaper than other manufacturers. After all, they're essentially an Indian manufacturer of International Harvesters. I like them, but their bachoe packages are 7000 dollars? Isn't that a bit pricey? Or am I not aware of these prices? I'd like a Mahindra, but others would do. Again, cost is a factor unless I can get a tractor like a caterpillar.

Volfandt, I know Kioti is alright, too. Could you tell me about yours? Price, pics would be very helpful. Thanks.