Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's?

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #1  

sorit22

Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB\'s?

So, I have narrowed down the tow which most people cosider to be the best choices in the TLB range. Now, for a construction company, which doesn't have to play a part in the descision, which of these two is the overall better?

I know Kubota's reliability, so that's why I'm kinda leaning to them.

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #2  
Re: Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB\'s?

I can give you at least one side of the comparison. I have only sat on a B21, never used one but I own a CK20 TLB which I find very capable and well built.

First, be clear that the B21 is a dedicated TLB while the CK20 is a CUT with a front end loader and backhoe attachments. There are pros and cons to dedicated vs CUT TLB which are relevant not only to the comparison with the CK20. For example, the B21 has a single seat that swivels to use the backhoe. A CUT with BH requires you step off the machine and remount in the BH seat. The B21 BH is a four point and does not require a separate subframe like the CK20 does so it will have somewhat higher ground clearance. The B21 has a four post non folding FOPS/ROPS while the CK20 like most CUTs has a folding two post ROPS. Most of these points favor the dedicated TLB. The major advantages of a CUT based TLB are that the initial price is usually much lower (by about $7000-8000 in this particular case) and that the CUT is more versatile especially for mowing.

In terms of the numbers relevant to work capacities here is a comparison between the CK20 and the B21 (note that Kioti clearly states where capacity measurements are taken, Kubota uses several points and is not always good about specifying which they are using in their on line literature):

Engine: CK20 and B21 both have reliable 21 hp diesels
FEL lift capacity: CK20 1074lbs at pivot points; B21 926lbs (not specified but probably mid bucket) (PP capacity usually about 15-20% higher than mid bucket so B21/TL421 loader capacity at PP would be between 1100-1150lbs)
FEL lift height: both 88"
FEL breakout capacity: CK20 1511 at pivot points ; B21 1543 (not specified)
Hydraulic output B21 has dual pumps and 13gpm; CK20 has single pump with 7.6gpm.
PTO power: CK20 15.5 vs 13.5hp (given same HP engine, I guess this is the penalty for the dual pumps)
Backhoe digging depth: B21 7.5 foot, CK20 with KB2365 6.5ft. Alternative backhoes for the CK20 are Woods BH70x (7ft) and maybe the BH80 8ft.
BH force in pounds (bucket/dipstick): CK20 2875/1744; B21 3110/1748
3PT lift capacity 24”aft: CK20 1109lbs, B21 1057
Weight: B21 is about 3850 lbs. CK20 TLB is about 3550lbs.
HST: B21 has three ranges, CK20 only high and low.

You can see they are more a like than different in comparing performance numbers.

The B21 is purpose built and has a great reputation as a small construction TLB. I was surprised how close it was to the CK20 in a “numbers” comparison. It also backs up the notion that the CK20TLB is a significantly "bigger" machine than the BX24 type SCUT based TLB that you were initially considering for your work.

The Kubota B7510 can also be configured as a TLB for about the same price as the CK20 TLB with less FEL capacity and very similar BH figures.

All in all, I’d say that whether a small dedicated TLB like the B21 or a CUT TLB like the CK20 is better is depends on how you’d use the machine and whether $7000-8000 in savings is more important than the advantages of the dedicated TLB.

Attachments

• 842573-IMG_5343 100k.jpg
    842573-IMG_5343 100k.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,652
   / Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #3  

It should be pointed out that the price gap is also true in Kubota's own line. You can setup a B7510 TLB for several thousand less than a B21. The difference is that your comparing an industrial tractor thats indended to take the abuse of rental yards and day to day job site use vs a compact tractor which can do the work, but is not intended for such harsh conditions.

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's?

thanx. 7000-8000 is a lot for my purposes, and i don't dig that often. I just need one now that'll live long and strong. so long that the cut's can do the job, i guess that ill be better off with a cut with backhoe attachment.

Right????

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #5  

If you are not using the TLB for daily digging etc, it does seem that the B21 is the most expensive option. As Messick states and as I had also mentioned in my first post, there are Kubota CUT based TLBs that you should compare to the Kioti as well. The 7510 set up as a TLB would be pretty close to the Kioti in cost. It would be lighter (easier to trailer) but would has a less capable loader. Mahindra and a few others also produce CUTs that can be easily configured as TLBs. I don't think JD is really in the running in a 20hp CUT TLB in the Kioti/Kubota/Mahindra price range but maybe some of the JD guys can address that point.

Good luck.

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #6  

have you checked the allmand brothers or terramite tlb's? they might be an option for you.

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #7  

I considered the Kubota, but found I could live with a CUT as well, and ended up with the CK20HST. The only thing I would do differently now would be to buy the Woods backhoe instead of the Kioti, because I like the 4pt hookup better, and it provides a little higher clearance. The Woods Groundbreaker 6,000 also has a curved boom and seems more rugged than Kioti's which is made by Taesung in Korea.
In my case, the Kubota B7510 was $2000 more than the Kioti at the time, and I wanted the heavier weight of the Kioti.
John

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #9  

Kioti uses there own engines. They also build engines for other tractors as well. I believe some Mahindra's use there engines as well as some Farmtrac's. Probably more tractors that I don't know about.

/ Kubota B21 vs Kioti CK20 TLB's? #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What kind of diesel engines does Kioti use? )</font>
They use Daedong engines. Kioti developed the first water-cooled diesels in 1947 and they were used in shipping for years before they built their first tractors in the 60's.
Not only Mahindra uses some of their engines, but Cub Cadet has a couple of models that are actually the same as Kioti, built buy Kioti.
I think some FarmTracs also have Daedongs. As far as that engine goes, expect other things could be problematic before these fine, strong engines. And they go all Dae Dong!
John