spec charts in literature

/ spec charts in literature #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
I just have a couple of questions that aren't crucial, but kind of bother me.

1) Since torque is so important to tractor types, why don't they list torque in the specs found in the brochures? Car and pickup sellers do.

2) On loader specs, are the lift strength figures taken with the bucket in place or not? Or is that something else they play with to put a nice spin on the data?

/ spec charts in literature #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just have a couple of questions that aren't crucial, but kind of bother me.

1) Since torque is so important to tractor types, why don't they list torque in the specs found in the brochures? Car and pickup sellers do.

2) On loader specs, are the lift strength figures taken with the bucket in place or not? Or is that something else they play with to put a nice spin on the data? )</font>

Good questions. They don't list torque - i agree that they should. You are right on for loader specs. You need to look where the measurement is taken. Some companies use "pivot pin" measurements which are basicly meaningless but reflect a higher number than the more accurate bucket center figures. Kubota and New Holland are the only companies that consistantly list both. Generaly you can figure a 30% difference between the two measuring points.

/ spec charts in literature
The reason I ask about whether or not the bucket is mounted when the lift capacity is measured is the differences I see in the size and weight of the buckets on the Mahindra 2015 vs. the CNH DX/TC 26. The CNH bucket looks like it weighs close to 200 lb +/- 25 lb, while the Manindra bucket is probably half that. The CNH lift specs are higher, but is that a net value or is part of the difference lost to the heavier bucket?