Comparison MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE?

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #1  

BASIC

Hi,I'm a landscaper looking for a tractor.I thought a Kubota was the way to go until someone suggested I look at Mahindra and Kioti,how do they compare?What is the parts network like to get parts?I'm not trying to start a brand war.

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #2  
Totally a 'loaded' question! What do you want to compare? If it is just dealer network, then Kubota probably has more dealers than Mahindra and Kioti combined. Kubota sells about 60% of all the compact tractors in the USA, Mahindra reportedly sells 4% to 5% of the CUTs in the USA, Kioti about 1%. But those numbers don't mean anything if all the dealers in your area are very strong.

Also, you really need to decide what you want from the tractor. Are you looking for traction? If so, then you need a heavy tractor. Are you looking for something that won't rut your customer's lawns? If so, look to a light weight tractor. Are you looking for Lifting Power? If so, make sure you compare the loaders at the same measurement points (this is critical!!!) because if you compare pivot points to the bucket center or to the point 500mm forward of the pivot point you will see dramatically different capacities (the farther forward of the pivot points, the lower the capacity rating). Also look at the 3pt hitch capacities and compare them at 24" behind the ball eyes...Kioti and Kubota both measure at that point but Mahindra measures at the ball eyes so you have to adjust for that (the farther behind the ball eyes the lower the rating so make sure you equalize all the measurement points).

There are a lot of differences. There are a lot of similarities. Have you decided what you need? Let your needs be the deciding factor.

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #3  
Don't forget the other brands as well such as John Deere, Case New Holland, Massey Fergesun/Agco. They all make very good tractors and you would be wise to look at them all. Even take them for a test at the dealers lot. Like BOb said, there will be some similarities and soem differences between all makes.

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE?
I first concern is reliability,is one better than the other?

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #5  
you won't get a strait answer on that. People around here are rather sensitive about their brand of tractor making it impossible to talk about particular subjects without a war ensuing. Take quick look at the forums for each brand, balance the number of issues for market share, and then you'll find a pretty clear trend.

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I first concern is reliability,is one better than the other? )</font>

Yes. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just kidding. As MessickFarmEqu stated, you won't get a straight answer on that question. It'll just escalate into a brand war. In my opinion (just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less), all of the major brands (Kubota, JD, MF, NH) offer some good dependable tractors. Many of the "middle tier" (Mahindra, Kioti, etc.) tractors are also quality units often at a lower price (but, sometimes this isn't necessarily the case. It varies regionally.). Fortunately, there are lots of good quality units out there on the market. Unfortunately, this means you really have to do your homework and make some (often tough) decisions about what you want/need. Then, find a good, quality dealer to do business with and get what fits your wants/needs.

Good luck,

BR

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #7  
I am a first time tractor owner/buyer and tried to compare the three above brands for purchase to maintain my wooded property, lawn and gravel drive. I felt that they were all comparably good and did find reasonable prices from several dealers but went with the Kioti 45s as my final decision. I received my tractor last weekend and only have a couple hours of seat time but at this time, I am more than satisfied with the fit, finish and service offered from my Kioti dealer. There are a multitude of tractors to choose from and many dealers have a good product.

Good Luck
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #8  
O.K.!

Turn down your bold. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #9  
I see you are a landscaper and I can only assume you are looking for a tractor for your business. I own a Kioti, but you must weigh out your decision based on different needs than myself. You will need to be able to service you tractor quickly and in many different locations. Your business will rely on that. I would believe there will be many more Kubota dealers in the areas where you work. The dealer becomes a very important decision here for you. If I was running a business where I need my tractor each and every day, I would need a good dealer network. The Kioti tractor is a good tractor, but it does you no good if there is no dealer support for you. They all break down. Accidents happen, such as hitting something or running over something on the job. How fast can your tractor be repaired? If you have a strong Kioti network, than I say with confidence the tractor will be a good choice for you. Great tractors all the way around. Dealer support is a huge decision for you. Downtime can be costly for you. I'm lucky, I have a good dealer network for both brands. Very happy with my decision. Good luck!

/ MAHINDRA,KIOTI AND KUBOTA,HOW DO THEY COMPARE? #10  
Also consider what you will be hauling it with from job to job. A Kubota is light for the horsepower, which might mean you can take more power to the worksite than with another brand. Look around the area you will be working in. Who has the best dealership network? Who has the best dealer -- go by reputation not size of the store. Look at what kind of machines are in for service.

As a landscaper, you might be putting a lot of hours on the machine compared to a homeowner, depending on just what phases of the profession you get into. See what the rental yards in your area are using and where they get them cared for when needed.

Are you going to do serious stuff or just lawn mowing and bush/tree trimming? In other words, will you need a backhoe to plant things? A strong loader to lift/carry things? How big is the biggest thing you envision lifting? How big is the biggest hole you might need to dig? Building stone walls out of barnstones? You need to lift a couple of tons. Building them out of fieldstones? You only need to lift half a ton.

Figure out what you will use it for and then start talking to dealers. Be patient. They're all pretty good, but eventually one will seem to be the perfect machine for you.