apples to apples?

/ apples to apples? #1  

snal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I'm getting prices on compact tractors...namely the Orange BX24, and the Green 2520.
Green is coming up 7k higher than the orange...am I comparing apples to grapefruits?

BX24 w/standard FEL and backhoe $15,963

2520 w/46BH and 200cx $22,846

/ apples to apples? #2  
BX24 is a sub-compact and the 2520 is a compact tractor. They are very different indeed.

2520 might be compared to a 7610 Kub and a BX might be compared to a 2210 JD(or the newer version whose number I can't seem to remember right now)

Anyway, Kubota's an orange, not an apple.

Cliff

/ apples to apples? #3  
I dunno, the 2520 is a pretty small CUT (or a large SCUT) ... not that big a difference in *size* (dang near equal turning radius, yet the 2520 is 300 lbs more weight and 10" more wheelbase).

I'd say they both are geared towards the same market, maybe the greene apple can cary a little bit larger loader and hoe, but the orange can get quite a bit done too.

/ apples to apples? #4  
The BX is more comparable with the 2210 or the 2305. The MF GC2300 is also comparable. The NH TZ series is also the same size, but I don't think there is a BH for it.

The 2520 is more comparable with the 7610, NH TC24/26. (There are many more here but I am not as familiar with model numbers. Kioti, Mahindra, MF, AGCO)

/ apples to apples? #5  
I was at the <font color="green"> JD </font>dealer today. Looked at a 2520. It is bigger than a BX. Almost the size of my B2910.

/ apples to apples?
I'm very new to tractors, I was trying to pre-shop for comparable compacts or sub-compacts that had backhoe capability. My dealers are spread far apart...thus the pre-shopping.
I had in mind that I could buy new, do what I need to do within 3 years, take very good care of the equipment, and sell when I'm done....but from reading here...I may have so much fun that I'll wanna keep it!

/ apples to apples? #7  
Snal-
For what it's worth, besides the size of the fruit issue, when I shopeed for mine I looked at ALL of them, green, blue, red, maroon, 2 orange brands... the green was at the top of the list for being the most pricey. It was however also a very nice tractor. The only one that did cost more was a blue with super-steer. I ended up going red and saving about 3 grand over the green and got a couple extra HP, and a mid PTO on top of it.
Hope this helps. In the long run, get what you like and feel good about your dealer!
Good luck

/ apples to apples?
Thanks! I had a close up look, and test drive, of a BX24 this afternoon. I'm pretty sold on it so far, it covers all of my bases well, but this dealer is stuck on his price $15,6**....I'm not sure if that's full msrp or not, but I'll shop the price. It was difficult to see a B7410 sitting right next to it for $6500 (new, but tractor only)