This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #1  

TOL1488

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
Basically this is a 'if anyone here today knows a reason these two shouldn't be wed' type post.

I gave the Kubotas a good look/ride but in comparison I really wasn't impressed. (from all the better than sliced bread posts I'm somewhat inclined to believe that they pay people to post favorably) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway I really never made the drive to either the New Holland or Massey Ferguson dealers. Do they have any appreciable advantages?
How about usability advantages like the drive over mower deck, or a laoder (will likely purchase later) that can be mounted and removed so quickly 2 1/2 minutes or so (Kubota took almost 4 times as long for the loader and the service guy said 20-25 minutes best case for the mid mount).

So do I need to give New Holland or Massey a look?

Deal I'm looking at is
2520 w/i-match & hood guard $14150
62D OnRamp mower w/ independent lift & mulch kit $2750
LX5 w/ slip clutch, front & rear chains $1030
Total $17930 before tax all other fees waived

If anyone's interested quoted price on 200cx was $2800

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Basically this is a 'if anyone here today knows a reason these two shouldn't be wed' type post.
)</font>

You will love and be happy with your new 2520.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I gave the Kubotas a good look/ride but in comparison I really wasn't impressed. )</font>

You've got to go with what you like.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( (From all the better than sliced bread posts I'm somewhat inclined to believe that they pay people to post favorably) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)</font>

No. People just realy like their tractors. Almost everyone on TBN seems to like their tractor a lot. Says a lot for the quality of tractors in general.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Deal I'm looking at is
2520 w/i-match & hood guard $14150
62D OnRamp mower w/ independent lift & mulch kit $2750
LX5 w/ slip clutch, front & rear chains $1030
Total $17930 before tax all other fees waived

If anyone's interested quoted price on 200cx was $2800
)</font>

Well, you should be interested. The Front end loader is the best part.

Cliff

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #3  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( So do I need to give New Holland or Massey a look? )</font>

Yeah, I think you should just for a piece of mind. I think your set on the JD and that is great. It is a nice machine. But it would never hurt to go try out some others. Besides, buying the machine should be as much fun as using it. I was determined to go Kubota or John Deere. I ended up with a New Holland. Just liked the ergonomics better. You owe it to yourself to check them out. This way you can't say down the road I should have checked the others out.

murph

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520
</font><font color="blueclass=small">(
Well, you should be interested. The Front end loader is the best part.

Cliff )</font>

I really wish you hadn't said that /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I keep arguing with myself over it.

Guess I need to offer them $2400 installed and if they take it so will I. Need to find a part number for the 53" tooth bar as well.

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Yeah, I think you should just for a piece of mind. I think your set on the JD and that is great. It is a nice machine. But it would never hurt to go try out some others. Besides, buying the machine should be as much fun as using it. I was determined to go Kubota or John Deere. I ended up with a New Holland. Just liked the ergonomics better. You owe it to yourself to check them out. This way you can't say down the road I should have checked the others out.

murph )</font>

Can't refute the logic in that. The only reason i haven't is that the closest New Holland dealer is about an hour away and Massey is another half hour past that. John Deere dealers are 15, 35 min and 1 Hr. the Kubota dealer is about 15 as well. I guess I need to take a drive before I go to the office, use up some of my weekly skrew off time.

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #5  
TOL--I would suggest doing the FEL in the initial purchase--you'll find more uses for it than you think (makes a nice "feeler" for stuff when you are using the LX-5 BTW). Toothbars are readily available aftermarket items--lots of threads here on them (Markham welding comes to mind). The 2520 is a great machine--but you should at least go sit on the other brands to make sure they don't fit you better.

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #6  
I'd basically agree about sitting on the others, but having done so, I found the Case and JD pretty close ergonomically, at least in the upper 20/lower 30 mid size chassis machines. I never really sat on the smaller JDs because they all seemed to have hoses hanging too low for my comfort running around in the woods. The smaller CNH -- the 26/23 and below do not have the same great seat as the 29 and up. That seat is like on the 3xxx Deeres plus it swivels.

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #7  
TOL-
As the others have said, it is worth checking them all out. I was quite taken by the JD 3520 when I was looking. But after looking at ALL of them, I couldn't justify to myself spending and additional 3 grand to go green. I went red and don't regret it for a second. That extra 3 grand I saved will make an addition to may garage and get me some implements! If your price you listed does not include a FEL, then my opinion would be that it's kinda high. But hey, this is America and we all have the right to make up our own minds. I'm sure whatever you do you'll still be happy, so good luck!

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520
K made it to the New Holland and Massey dealers

When I got to the Massey place there were a few employees in the parking lot listening to someone's car stereo, real loud rap. Boom Boom Boom somethin that ho... I didn't even turn off the ignition I wouldn't want to contribute to feeding their families anyway.

On to New Holland, nice people but the smallest tractor they had was a TC29DA a nice tractor but bigger than what I'm looking for (super steer is pretty cool though).

So I stopped by the Deere place and we got the 200cx down to $2600 and put in for the 0% for 36 months should hear back either today or tomorrow salesman said they don't hurry much.

Glad I went by the others no more questions.

Thanks for the replies.

Though Some of my choices would have been cheaper in the end I think the ease of use features i.e. drive on deck, fast loader attach/remove... made the decision for me.

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #9  
TOL-
Great! Congrats... post some pics for us when ya get it! The JD is a nice machine!

/ This close || to pulling the trigger on a JD 2520 #10  
It's always good when someone makes up their mind. I took about a year to finally narrow it down to Case, helped in no small part by A-plan pricing. Even then, JD, Kubota, and Mahindra were in the running. I eliminated JD because of the price difference, then Kubota due to the ergonomics not fitting my body very well, and finally Mahindra because the Case just seemed like it was built for heavier use. Then I ended up moving up to the next size Case and a hydro despite being biased toward gears for a long time. That hydro was just super smooth to operate at very slow speeds -- way better than I can run a clutch and gears. I mean I feel I could pick up an egg with the loader without breaking it. -- the egg that is, not the loader! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif