Branson 2910 verses Montana 3040 verses ?

/ Branson 2910 verses Montana 3040 verses ? #1  

RockJockey

This is my first post, so thanks in advance. I am not new to tractor operation, but am used to standard agricultural machines, and plead ignorance regarding compact machines.

I'm trying to get a comparison of these two machines as well as other comparable ones in the approximately 30-HP range. I am looking for a 4WD machine in the 3,000 to 4,000 pound range with a loader. An independent PTO is important as I will by operating a roller-feed 3-point chipper on the machine (thus the weight). My property is quite hilly. The machine will be used for brush clearing, light to medium duty grading, and general chores.

I have decent dealer support locally for both, and prices are comparable. Features seem to be comparable, so I am curious about user-friendliness and durability.

/ Branson 2910 verses Montana 3040 verses ? #2  
Both are good machines, and built heavier than most. The Branson 2910i and the 3510i are essentially the same machines, the only differense being horsepower. They both use an independent PTO and have a great loader with standard quick attach loader and bucket. Lift capacity on the BL10A loaders at the pivot pins is well over 1500 lbs as tested on our pull scale. The 10 series Bransons with loaders weigh about 4700 lbs, so they are substantially more robust than some other brands. I am not real familiar with the Montana, but from what I have heard, they are good tractors, so they are certainly worthy of your consideration.

I'll send you a private message as I am a dealer and must balance giving out useful information with restraint in not cheerleading for my brands.

You have asked specifically about these two brands. It will be interesting to see how many other brands get added into this thread via responses from enthusiastic owners of other brands.

/ Branson 2910 verses Montana 3040 verses ? #3  
Well, the man put in verses just one too many times, so he's going to get plenty over verses X verses Y.
Kioti CK30 with ag tires so you can spread them out some, HST for better hilly control. Telescoping hitch arms and stabilizers, Cruise control, Tilt wheel, heavy, nice mid sized frame, and more.
Daedong engines seem to be really dependable.
Compare the fit and finish to others and it will shine.
John

/ Branson 2910 verses Montana 3040 verses ? #4  
I cannot comment on the Branson because I have never seen one before. I can comment on the Montana. I have about 20 hours on my 3040 now and I really like the machine. I use it for road maintenance with a box blade and general chores. It has enough power for a 6 foot BB.