Talk about price gouging!!

/ Talk about price gouging!! #1  

Fishguy

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC30 HST
I could not believe my ears!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I have a Bush Hog brand 1845 FEL on my Massey Ferguson 1230. A few days back the joystick started to really shaking all over the place. When I looked deeper into the cause, I found that the rod end for the bucket tilt control had worn out and came apart. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I went on the net to their web site and found the part that I needed. When I tried to order the rod end, it said that I had to get a price quote. Not wanting to wait, I then found a local dealer and called for a price. To my (and his) shock, this inch and a half long piece cost $89.00! The sales tech understood why I didn't order one.
The next day, after getting precise measurements of the rod end, I looked on the net some more and found a place that sells a comparable replacement for a mere $2.10. The most expensive alternate was $7.77.
Now, call me slow, but have you ever wondered why people don't buy OEM parts? I was tempted to order a dozen extra and then sell them to the local supplier for say $50 each. Shoot, we would both come out to the good at that!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just venting...
Steve

/ Talk about price gouging!! #2  
Yep.. I feel your pain. Sometimes it is a quality issue when you buy OEM vs 2nd market.. however sometimes it is not.

For instance, I buy many parts for my old and new ford/nh tractors from the dealer. In many cases, the new parts from these tractors are sourced from tisco. I've found many cases where I could simply by the tisco part at another location that can order tisco, vs buying from my NH dealer. Sometimes the prices were many 'x' times... go figure. have forund the same deal with some manufacturers concerning filters on heavy equipment. we need to order a couple hyd filters.. oem had one.. and napa could cross the number. We got the one oem, and the napa one.. napa was cheaper.. both ended up being the same filter.. same manufacturer info stamped on the filter ( filter was not branded as napa, or oem.. just a plain filter with some part numbers on it.. ).. go figure..

Soundguy

/ Talk about price gouging!! #3  
I have run into this before-you have to be careful on Filters and such-NAPA will sell you the same Filter for a Chevy gas engine as a Diesel Engine-they have completely different requirements, so I highly recommend using OEM-