Deere or Case IH

/ Deere or Case IH #1  

tractorkid

I am hoping to upgrade soon from our 1995 B7100. After going to many different dealers looking at New Hollands, Case, Deere, and Kubota I think I have narrowed the search to a Deere 2520 or a Case DX26. I know dealers are an important part of the decision and the Deere dealer has always been nice but the Case dealer could not be nicer, is always willing to help and seems like he will stand behind the product he sells. I will be using the tractor for moving dirt, mulch, rocks for a stonewall, as well as other yard tasks that arise on varied terrain. There is also the possibility of a front plow and backhoe in the future, but not right now. Any suggestions on what you recommend would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

/ Deere or Case IH #2  
Between those two, I don't see how you could go wrong. I personlly would probably take the Case as I like the design better.

If you haven't gotten on them and really tried them out, then I suggest that would be the way to decide given all you have said so far. Make sure you get to try something ground-engaging on the 3pt and try out the loaders to see if the ergonomics of the controls will suit you. Also, the valve and joystick may be optional on those models, so make sure your pricing includes everything you'll need to get started.

John

/ Deere or Case IH #3  
The 2520 has a larger engine speced at a lower RPM.
The 2520s Hydraulic system capacity is 2.1 gpm higher.
The 2520 weighs 265 lbs. more.
The 2520s fuel tank is 1.8 gal larger.
Loaders look to be a toss up in performance IMO Mounting and removing the Loader gives an edge to Deere.
The Case appears to lift 115 lbs. more with the 3 point.
That should get you started.

Go drive them and if you still don't like one better than the other pick by dealer or deal. Only problem will be finding a 2520 to test they seem to sell fast.

/ Deere or Case IH #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The 2520 has a larger engine speced at a lower RPM.
The 2520s Hydraulic system capacity is 2.1 gpm higher.
The 2520 weighs 265 lbs. more.
The 2520s fuel tank is 1.8 gal larger.
Loaders look to be a toss up in performance IMO Mounting and removing the Loader gives an edge to Deere.
The Case appears to lift 115 lbs. more with the 3 point.
That should get you started.

Go drive them and if you still don't like one better than the other pick by dealer or deal. Only problem will be finding a 2520 to test they seem to sell fast.

)</font>

Corrections to above:

Hydraulics: Case is 1 gpm above John Deere 2520 (8.4 GPM CNH vs 7.4 GPM JD) The New Holland website has the steering wheel hydraulic flow and implement hydraulic flow reversed.

Loaders: Case is a stronger loader.
Lift Cap. to max height at Pivot pin: JD--902 lb's CNH--1090
To max height 1.5m forward: JD--629 lb's CNH--750 lb's
Lift to 1.5 meters at pivot: JD--1124 lb's CNH--1188 lb's

Size of the CNH is slightly smaller than the John Deere. It is closer in size to the 2320. Which explains for the difference in weight.

Each machine has it's advantage on paper. I would go try them both out knowing that they are both cream of the crop machines. Get the one you feel most comfortable on.

/ Deere or Case IH #5  
What about a Kubota B2630 or B3030? Should be priced near the JD2520. The K's have a 3 speed transmission and telescoping lower links on the 3PTH. I think they are slightly larger overall, as well. I would expect the loader specs to be better, too.

Just a thought from a happy B3030 owner who has compared it to the JD2520, which was not available when I bought my tractor. After checking out the JD2520 I feel that the Kubota offers more of what I was looking for. I have had 3 JD tractors in the past so I am not just tooting the Kubota horn. I would have been very happy with a green tractor if they offered a model that compared favorably to the B2630 or B3030. I also looked at the JD3120 but it is too large for what I use it for. The 3X20 series JD's compare more to the Kubota Grand L series. Good luck in whatever you decide. Your decision is all that matters, anyway.

/ Deere or Case IH #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Corrections to above:

Hydraulics: Case is 1 gpm above John Deere 2520 (8.4 GPM CNH vs 7.4 GPM JD) The New Holland website has the steering wheel hydraulic flow and implement hydraulic flow reversed. )</font>

Corrections to the corrections.

No idea where you got 7.4 when it's 10.5 2520 info & Case info

As for loader fun it appears you are right though the information doesn't match what I found last night with a google search. Since you found it why leave out the all important breakout force? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifJD 200 series loader info found this today Case loaders

Anyone know where to find more detailed specs on the Case products.

As for Kubota by his choices hes seems to be trying to keep a few more dollars in the US. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway now get out there and drive some tractors... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Deere or Case IH #7  
I stand corrected on the hydraulics. I must have been looking at the 2320.

By the way, Stoneham's John Deere is about a half hour from my house. They are a very good dealer and have the best website that I know of. They also sell one of the best walk behind tillers on earth the BCS models.

As for Case loader info, I do not know of a really good site. I often look at New Holland as they have almost the identical product. Still do not know of a website that matches Stoneham's though.

/ Deere or Case IH #8  
Tractorkid: I just wrote up a deal parting with my old B7100 for a newer larger machine. I looked long and hard. The JDs are sold by a former student, but price did them in for me. The Case DX26 looked like the winner after a long search, aided by availability of A-Plan pricing. Then I sat on a DX29. It looks huge compared to the 26 in person, but use a tape measure or read the stats. It's actually shorter overall despite having a 5 1/2 inch longer wheelbase. There is no contest regarding hydraulics, loader, etc. The ergonomics are great.

I don't know what you are looking for exactly. I thought the 26 would be great step up from my little 'bota, but the 29 was not much more in price and a whole lot more tractor. Drive one and see what I mean.

BTW, I got 4500 in trade for my 7100 gear with loader, and this is with A-plan on the Case. A Mahindra dealer only offered me 3000. What you can get for your Kubota may make up your mind for you.

Green or red, either one is a good machine. The red one has been around a little longer, the 2520 is a new model. I don't know if tractor lines have "bugs" in them when they first hit the market or not, but it's something to consider. Look at service requirements and costs and warranty coverage. You should be able to get 0% financing, but look at the bottom line if you go that route. Have them write up a total price deal including trade, financing origination charges, set-up, delivery, manuals, everything. Then compare. And if red wins out over green, go see the guy who sells the blue version and get his price for the same machine the Case dealer sells. Blue paint might be cheaper.

/ Deere or Case IH #9  
<font color="blue"> As for Kubota by his choices hes seems to be trying to keep a few more dollars in the US. </font>

Since when are the smaller JD's manufactured in the US? I thought JD tractors under about 50hp were foreign products.

/ Deere or Case IH
It's not that I am trying to buy only an American product. I personally liked the feel of the Case and Deere better than the Kubota which is why I did not include Kubota in my post. I have looked at all brands and narrowed down my choice to the Case and Deere based on feel and also the dealers in my area. Some of you have asked about Kubota and after hearing why I did not include them in my post do you think there is any reason I should go back and reconsider the Kubota vs. the Deere and Case.
Thanks