An Easy decision...

/ An Easy decision... #1  

spokejunkie

This story is to weird to post on just one brands board. Approx. 1 year ago I bought my first tractor. A Bota B7510 w' 60" MMM. Needless to say, I love the little guy, but just need (want) more grunt. So I have been procrastinating over the past couple months on what I want to upgrade to. I have had really good luck with the local Bota/NH dealer. You guys are right, if you find a good dealer give them business. The folks at Davis Equipment in Ashland, KY are great. I put them to the test yesterday when my sitter cancelled on me and I had to take my 3 and 4 year old boys with me. Anyway, back to my story. I had decided on either a B7800 or a TC29DA/TC33DA. I know it is like apples and oranges but I had to compare. I first jumped on a TC33DA and was driving the tractor around the lot, trying out all the bells and whistles. I was backing the tractor up to turn around and when I let off the pedal it kept going. Normally that wouldnt be a problem, but I was backing into a busy city street. I grabbed the brake and got it stopped. After my heart started beating again the ole girl wouldnt move. I couldnt believe I had broke a new tractor. To make a long story short, a linkage on the HST had popped loose. We all agreed that was a sign that I wasnt supposed to take a blue tractor home. So I bought the B7800 and monday it comes home. I am in no way bad mouthing the NH, I couldnt justify the xtra money for all the bells/whistles anyway. I just thought you guys would enjoy a weird story early this weekend. I will post pics of my new B7800 after I get her good and dirty.

/ An Easy decision... #2  
Same deal here. I bought a 21HP B7510HST/LA302 FEL last May. Really like the little guy, but I have the itch for more HP.

Now looking for a pre-owned tractor in the 30+HP range to go along with the 7510.
Got a lotta good leads by posting here for a "30/30" tractor (30+ HP/30+ years old). A Ford 3600 or MF 135 may be in my future, if I can find one on the market. The search continues....

/ An Easy decision... #3  
Go to Ebay and activate the feature that shows distance. Narrow the search down by brand, only look at the ones you can actually drive to.

There is a used equipment dealer east of Millersburg, Ohio on SR 39 (forget the name) who usually has 5 or 6 135's waiting for new homes. He usually has 30 or so machines of various sizes, colors, conditions, and prices. The 135s are pretty popular around here.

/ An Easy decision... #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Same deal here. I bought a 21HP B7510HST/LA302 FEL last May. Really like the little guy, but I have the itch for more HP.

Now looking for a pre-owned tractor in the 30+HP range to go along with the 7510.
Got a lotta good leads by posting here for a "30/30" tractor (30+ HP/30+ years old). A Ford 3600 or MF 135 may be in my future, if I can find one on the market. The search continues.... )</font>

<font color="red"> WIse man /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Being able to have two different size tractors is very productive, it's very hard to do everything with one size tractor when there are so many different sized jobs.
I went three years with a B7500 then traded up to a L2800, I will eventually get a B7410 gear 4WD when $$$ comes available. </font>