JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB #1  

mousedoc

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD110, 318 and 955
I would appreciate any thoughts as to the advantages and disadvantages of these two machines in overall use. Aside from typical TLB tasks, please consider mowing, snow removal, posthole digging, grading, driveway maintenance, log hauling and anything else that comes to mind.

Thanks.

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB #2  
I own a CK20 hst TLB and am very happy with it. Tough and surprisingly capable. See my brief review in review section. Unfortunately I've never even seen the JD 4110 so cannot compare. I'd be happy to answer questions.

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB #3  
The CK20 has a higher hydraulic flow at 7.66gpm, the 4110 is 5.1. This will give faster operation of a loader, etc.

The CK20 weighs more, good for better ground engaging, within limits, and hauling logs (which I do all the time).

The loader valve and joystick come standard on the CK20, I believe it's extra on the JD.

They will both accept a mid mount mower.

The JD supposedly has a little advantage in PTO HP at 17, but it is not clear if this is the HST option or the Geared version.

I was only able to find the JD info on tractordata.com as it appears not to be on the JD site, discontinued?

While both of these tractors are very good, and will do most all you want, I think the CK20 will do more. That, and a good deal less price at the time, was why I chose the CK20 over the JDs that I tried out.
John

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB
>Tough and surprisingly capable.<

That seems to be the general take on both of these small frame machines. After using your CK20 for a while, what improvements, if any do you wish it had?

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB
>… the 4110 is 5.1.<
From the literature I have, the 4110 has 5.1 (implement) + 2.3 (steering) =7.4 total. If my info is correct, I see them as pretty much even.

>The CK20 weighs more …<
I see the base CK20 HST appears to be about 414 lbs heavier, is that enough of a difference to be significant?

>The JD supposedly has a little advantage in PTO HP at 17…<
From the info I see the JD 4110 HST has 17 PTO, the CK20 HST 15.5. Do you think the 1.5 HP would make a noticeable difference? If so, performing what tasks?

> … discontinued? <
Yes, the 4110 has been discontinued.

>… was why I chose the CK20 over the JDs that I tried out.<
Price aside and based strictly on performance, would your choice still have been the CK20?

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From the literature I have, the 4110 has 5.1 (implement) + 2.3 (steering) =7.4 total. If my info is correct, I see them as pretty much even. )</font>
As I said, the info I had was not that complete, but a geared version generally has more PTO HP than the HST, and this was not stated separately on the tractordata site, just that it has 17HP.

With the single pump, and not steering at the time, the flow will be higher to the loader on the CK20 than the 5.1 on the JD. A little faster operation of the loader.

There won't be a significant difference seen between the PTO HPs, but would be a slight advantage with a PTO operated implement such as a mower, but I'm not sure you'd notice the difference.

The greater weight, will indeed make a difference. 400+ pounds can make the difference between a wheel slip and traction of the same wheel with greater weight without having to add any weight.

John

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB #8  
<font color="blue"> >Tough and surprisingly capable.<

That seems to be the general take on both of these small frame machines. After using your CK20 for a while, what improvements, if any do you wish it had?
</font>

Interesting question. I would want retractable seat belts (the new ones have this and a better seat too).

I'd prefer the high range HST travel gear to be a bit lower (closer to low). I find the high range not so useful when my tractor is fully loaded up in TLB form as the tractor is too heavy for the high gear except on fairly flat ground. I might have been pushing too hard on the HST pedal (which paradoxically lowers power) but in general I'd prefer to have either a third range or a lower high range.

Although I am happy with the KB2365, if I were looking to buy a CK20 now I'd look hard at the new Woods 70x BH. A little more power and reach and option of adding a factory thumb are nice bonus features of the 70x.

No complaints at all about the loader which is best in class for a 20ish hp tractor. I have a toothbar and would do that again.

I'd like a cab with A/C, heat and an iPod (orange with black trim) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Overall there is not much I'd change. I am quite happy with the 21hp HST set up. As is always the case there are times you'd like more HP but I would not buy more HP if it resulted in a bigger tractor frame. It is a great size for 2-5 acres. I'd probably go for the Kubota BX24 for a smaller lot. Much bigger than 5-7 acres might be an issue but only if you are mowing a lot of it. Mine pulls a 48" Brush Hog with no problem. I were mowing a lot more I might look at the CK30 or K7800 etc to pull a 60" hog or 72" finish mower.

/ JD 4110 hydro TLB vs Kioti CK20 hydro TLB #9  
Regarding availability, I'm pretty sure the entire 4000 10 series is now out of production, replaced by the 2000 series to bring the numbering system into some logical representation of the frame size. The Deere board might have some posts along these lines to help you out.

Since you seem to have access to dealers for both these brands, see which one fits you best. Look for details that could be problems or bonuses -- I don't like the low hanging hydraulic hoses on the Deeres, but prefer their seat/platform over the Kioti, for example. Deeres tend to have a taller ROPS than other tractors of similar size. Kioti is newer in the marketplace.