Price Check Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price?

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #1  

mschuck

Tractor
NH TC30 HST
I'm looking at getting a tractor and I've narrowed it down to either a Branson 2910i or Branson 3510i or New Holland TC30.

I've been reading this site for a while and I've seen good things said about both of these tractors. One of the things I'd like to know about is if the prices I've been quoted are good.

The dealer gave me a quote of:

$17000 for the Branson 2910i with a BL10 FEL and rear wheels filled.

$18000 for the Branson 3510i with a BL10 FEL and rear wheels filled.

$13995 for the New Holland TC30 ( with < 200 hours) 4wd 9x3 with a FEL and full warrantee. It was leased to one of the local nurseries without the FEL so the FEL is new.

$16500 (I think, I didn't write it down) for the same New Holland brand new.

I'm also looking at a Lands Pride 5' brush mower for $1050.

The prices for the Bransons seem a bit high to me (compared to what I've seen people quote on this website) but then from reading this site I'm not sure if the 'i' designates a newer model then what most people have and hence the higher price.

The dealer is really close to me and on past dealings I’ve been impressed with their service and their reputation seems to be good.

I've got about 9 acres of mostly wooded and some what hilly land in Portland OR. I plan to use the tractor to keep the brush down, skid some logs for firewood, a little bit of land clearing and just do general maintenance around the house.
I kind of like the Branson for it's added weight, beefier capacity on the FEL and 3pt, slightly wider stance, etc. But I was really disappointed at the price I was quoted.

Can anybody give me some feedback on these tractors and the prices I should expect?

Thanks

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #2  
Not that the bransons are bad tractors.. but that sounds like a decent deal on the slightly broke in TC30 and new fel.

Do the branson's have a shuttle or hydro trans?

As for a mower.. you could save yourself some more money by looking at other brands as well... Kk and howse make 5' mowers in the 600-700$ range.. medium duty.. less weight.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #3  
Chuck,please give us a chance too.
We sell Bransons,Mahindras & Yanmars
We are very close to portland /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
www.ernies.net
Thanks Ernie

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #4  
Here's another data point. Not sure how to compare it, though. I was quoted in February a leftover new 2005 Century C29 (same as branson C2910i) with the heavy duty 50 loader, toothbar, 7.5' backhoe, and loaded tires for $21,500. Assuming the backhoe is around $6K, that would put the tractor and loader at $15,500. Of course, it was a leftover. I didn't buy; just too big for my uses. But, man what a machine! Super wide stance, heavy heavy duty axles, and that loader is considered one of the best around. But, it sounds to me like the NH may be a better deal especially if paying cash. Financing might make them more equal.

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price?
The Bransons are 12x12 shuttle shifters.

Ernie your in Molalla right, I'm way over by Scappoose about as far away as you can get and still be in the Portland area.
If I can I'll try to swing by.

Thanks

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #6  
Like people have said on here before prices vary across the country. Here in Missouri, this past Sunday the local NH dealer advertised a new TC 30, gear tranny, 7308 Fel, and 5" brushcutter (probably Brush Hog brand) for $14,895. That's pretty much his normal package price. Add a 16ft trailer and the price goes up to $16,250.

I don't know much about the Bransons, they look like good tractors but I do know the TC30 is a good little machine. Good luck and have fun

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #7  
The Branson is a much beefier tractor and the independent switch is a great feature. Although the price does seem a bit on the high side they do vary from region to region. Shop around I'm sure you'll find what works for you.

/ Considering a Branson or New Holland, Price? #8  
I have a 4720 TLB, a little bigger than your looking, but love mine! If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Bob