Cab vs HP

/ Cab vs HP #11  
MaineBob: After having both a non-cab and currently a cab tractor, I would never recommend being without a cab (if you can afford it). For all of the reasons that have been mentioned: Temperature control, Dust control, Bug control (Some that I have on my property: Hornets, Yellow Jackets, Wasp, Horse Flys, Deer Flys, Mosquitos, Honey Bees, Bumble Bees, Gnats)

/ Cab vs HP #12  
I live in SW New Hampshire. Long private road to clear in the winter. I do it in a long sleeve shirt in a heated cab. I also have five acres of field. I mow it in the sumer in a long sleve shirt; air conditioned cab. I also have 35 acres of woodlot that I maintain. Since 1992 I've mangaed to clean off an outside mirror, that's it. For my $.02 I wouldn't go without the cab in your "neck of the woods".

/ Cab vs HP #13  
Umm, by "clean off" do you mean remove the dirt or take the mirror "clean off" the tractor and leave it hanging on a branch or something? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's really very little damage I'd say.

/ Cab vs HP #14  
For years I brush hogged with a non-cab tractor. Every summer I blow apart 6 or 7 huge hornet nests and those buggers get mean when riled. This year I will be doing the brush hogging with a cab tractor and I can hardly wait to see their reaction when they realize they can't get to me, at least I hope they can't!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
You probably will want to take it easy in the woods and keep the chain saw handy. I am already planning what limbs need to be trimmed when I move from field to field through the woods.

/ Cab vs HP #15  
As in backing up and turning while not paying enough attention to the branch that "jumped" out and deftly removed the mirror from the mount. Total loss about $10. I chuckled as I climbed down and picked the mirror up.....$10 worth of damage ain't much.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Cab vs HP #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This year I will be doing the brush hogging with a cab tractor and I can hardly wait to see their reaction when they realize they can't get to me, at least I hope they can't!!)</font>

Yeah...just wait until one or two of them find their way inside the cab, and you can't get out quick enough. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Cab vs HP #17  
My snow clearing productivity skyrocketed when I went to a cab tractor. Went from a 4 hour ordeal to 45 mins to an hour. Right up to structures so the snow shovels retired 2 years ago. Now, if I can get that 96" 4 yard bucket up on the porch to clear snow the broom can be retired as well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cabs have stadium lighting on top & gets noticed when after dark near the highway. Traffic really slows down probably because they think I am a DOT snowplow. I was thinking of adding a pair of souped up strobes right away, but now the traffic slows down a 1/2 mile back so I end up sitting in the median waiting for them to pass. I push in from the hwy so there is no snow across drive lanes - avoids a visit from the Sheriff in my County /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Old tractor is daylight only & get honking.

In the woods trails I have an old JD A that I simply carry a pruning shears and trim everything I can reach from the seat. First trip thru of season takes awhile then late season maintenance keeps the branches clear of cab.

In new non trail areas I use a Stihl hand held brushcutter and a polesaw. Come in with the tractor & grapple for cleanup.

Bugs? Just hit your wiper/washer & keep working /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cab vs HP #18  
Factory cabs are worth the money.

I bucked the trend in this tread. I sold my Kioti DK45C and bought a Kubota L3400.

The cab was great. If you mow, move snow, or any other job where you get to stay in the seat the cab is wonderful.

I use mine on the farm, getting on and off constantly and changing implememnts hourly ( at least it seems like it) .

With the cab, the windows were always in the way of where I wanted to reach, whether I was on the ground or in the seat.

/ Cab vs HP
Okay, guys .... cab it is!! I finalized the deal today .... drum roll.....

JD 4320, factory cab, hydro, 400x loader, HD bucket w/ cutting edge, Horst grapple bucket, 3rd SVC, 3rd function loader lines, rear work lights, loaded tires, LandPride DH1572 disc. etc.

It's on the lot, but the extra goodies are weeks away. I'm happy, but I'm broke! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cab vs HP #20  
ever mow a field full of Poison Ivy? I did (only once) on a cab-less tractor. What a mistake. I mow in a cab tractor (air conditioned.....less itching!