Help with Tractor Values

/ Help with Tractor Values #1  

IndianaDC

Tractor
Case IH DX40, Hustler SuperZ HD
Now that I have my Case IH DX40 I need to sell three tractors. I thought you experts could give me some help. I know that is a tall order with only a picture, but I do not even know where to start. All three are in great running condition and have decent rubber. One of the back tires on the Jubilee is a little rough. They all start up without any problems as well.

The Case dealer said if he were to put them on his lot he would sell them for:

1973 IH 454 - $4,500
1939 Farmall H - $1,800
1953 Ford Jubilee $2,000

Does that sound right?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 870310-CaseH.jpg
    870310-CaseH.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 573
   / Help with Tractor Values
Here is the IH 454.

Attachments

• 870311-IH454.jpg
    870311-IH454.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 673
   / Help with Tractor Values
And here is the Jubilee.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• 870313-Jubilee.jpg
    870313-Jubilee.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 464
   / Help with Tractor Values #4  
I don't keep up with prices very much, but those tractors look pretty good and those prices are about what I'd expect.

/ Help with Tractor Values #5  
you are a bit low with the Jubilee, at least by standards here in NY...it would run closer to 4 grand up here, it is hard to find a running complete 8n for 2 grand, most go for around 3k....

/ Help with Tractor Values #6  
I just saw an ad here in the NW this morning for a Jubilee for $5,000. But had a loader on it.

/ Help with Tractor Values #8  
As new tractors so are used tractors, the price will vary from area to area. In the midwest where the seller is from typically prices are lower. In the upper northeast they are muc higher. I agree with the prices and in fact if I had the money I would be on my way to get the H and the Jubilee. But I am broke right now. If you are marketing nationwide or posting here on TBN in the classifieds I sure would be marking the H and the Jubilee up some. I am even thinking a grand on the Jubilee. My dad just sold his 861 which I think was a 57 for over 2K and it had a bad clutch. It has a two stage clutch which I think gets kind of expensive to replace.

murph

/ Help with Tractor Values #9  
Of course, you want to GET those prices finally, so up them some so as to be able to bargain a little. I don't know many people that like to just walk up and pay the asking price.

I also think the H should not be less than 2000 in the end, and the Jubilee, if it's as good as it looks, should be not less than 2500 in the end.
John

/ Help with Tractor Values #10  
Just sold my old 454 last year. Diesel with wheel weights & a 2050A loader $5K. Probably would not fetch that much in Indiana.