Comparison Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #1  

PitbullMidwest

Platinum Member
Tractor
1998 Kubota L2900GST
I received a complimentary, debute issue of Rural Life magazine that has a very nice comparison chart of 15 brands of compact tractors. The chart lists the model, hp and manufacturer of the engine, transmission options, 2wd/4wd, pto rpm, hydraulics gpm, lift capacity #, weight # and MSRP. The information is also available on their website but you have to view each manufacturer individually. They also provide links to each manufacturer.

You do need to register (free) to view the site. Once signed in, search for "tractor buying guide" and select the first result. Rural Life Magazine

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #2  
Thanks, that is just what I was looking for. a site that gives you a MSRP, I could'nt even get that from the Manufactures sites.

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #3  
The site is useful for the list prices but they don't publish anything on FELs or BHs, just the three point lift capacity, horsepower and weight of the tractor. Useful for the prices but you need to go elsewhere (the various manufacturers sites) for the other information.

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #4  
Hmmm, New Holland has Shibaura engines, not Iseki. Wonder why they got it right on Case but not New Holland since they are twins.

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hmmm, New Holland has Shibaura engines, not Iseki. Wonder why they got it right on Case but not New Holland since they are twins. )</font>
Yep, they are twins, and use the same Shibaura engines.
Agco/Massey use Iseki engines.
John

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks, that is just what I was looking for. a site that gives you a MSRP, I could'nt even get that from the Manufactures sites. )</font>

Except Deere&Co.

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors
I compared the magazine chart to the website and found that the magazine lists the NH engine as ISM. A Google search found an article ( NH / ISM article) stating that the Boomer engines would be manufactured by ISM. Another Google search found that ISM and Shibaura are one in the same.

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #8  
Ishikawajima-Shibaura machinery Co., Ltd. is the complete name of the company.

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ishikawajima-Shibaura)</font>

Easy for you to say /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Compare 15 makes of Compact Tractors #10  
It's easy to see why they normally go by ISM. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif