Purchasing property in Florida

/ Purchasing property in Florida
Thanks for the great tips Kioti John. I will definately check out Big Tractor Supply.

As far as the snowblower is concerened, I've got one available if anyone needs one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Purchasing property in Florida #12  
we will forgive the UF - FSU mistake this time just dont let it happen again. Depending on how far you want to travel for tractors and accessories, Valdosta Ga is straight up I-75. Ocala is down I-75. There is some pretty country in that part of the state.

I'm a U of M grad. Some might say that is Michigan, but in my parts it is University of Maryland.

Anyway, all the Florida schools run together in my head. My wife will have me sleeping in the doghouse though if I continue getting them mixed up.

I better start repeating to myself UF, UF , UF. Maybe it will stick. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Purchasing property in Florida #14  
Can't make mistakes about FSU and Gators.. Hope you enjoy
you new home here in Fla. If you can find a KUbota dealer
(check live oak or lake city) they are outstanding tractors.
have a wonderful happy life.

/ Purchasing property in Florida #15  
Welcome to the neighborhood... I'm just west of Gainesville. I'll mirror others here regarding sandy soil/critters. Be very happy you have some water around. We are located in the sandhills (blackjack oaks, pines & palmetto, but easy digging) and wold LOVE some water onsite. I did drive thru your area daily on a commute to Lake City. Just north of you is O'Leno state park. I did see a Florida Panther (cougar/puma) cross 41 one evening there - very graceful... It is a pretty and peaceful place to live. You will enjoy it.

49T&C

I did a mapquest of O'Leno state park. I will be within 2-3 miles of there. I'm looking forward to actually getting settled into the area.

/ Purchasing property in Florida #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I did a mapquest of O'Leno state park. I will be within 2-3 miles of there. I'm looking forward to actually getting settled into the area. )</font>
One of the first things you might enjoy visiting is the Devil's Millhopper. It is an old growth sink hole that is very interesting and huge. Lot's of good things to discover in Central FL.
John

/ Purchasing property in Florida #18  
I thought about retiring to Fla.in a couple of years. But then I remembered those hugh cockroaches (palmetto bugs) from when I lived in Largo.
Those things are humongous.
Those beaches sure were nice though /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Tom

/ Purchasing property in Florida #19  
JD Dealer right up the street in Ellisville (not an endorsement, just FYI) Other dealers north & south of you. Also have livestock auctions in Ellisville. Most pasture grass around here is Bahia. Area grows grass well. Good place for bringing up family. Alachua county has strong recreation programs and stuff for kids.

Many great springs right around the corner - Ichetucknee, Poe, Blue & Ginny springs are the biggest ones (all crystal clear 72 degrees year round) within 1/2 hr drive. Gets cold enough for fireplace a few times a year, but NO SNOW. I'm sure you'll miss that! U of F great school/deep traditions. One of my boys played football/graduated there. You have to experience the games - much like Terps games.

49T&C