John Deere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / John Deere ? #11  
Re: John Deere ?

jwm561 said:
Since you guys are familiar with Deere's. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Deere 110 TLB and the Yanmar CBL40? I will be buying a 110 unless I hear some convincing reason not to. Thanks for any input.

Don't know how much help I'll be. Not really going to try to convince you of anything but I just got done going through an evaluation of most of the small TLB. I looked at the Yanmar CBL40, JD 110, Kub B26, L39 and L48. I chose the L39. Never had a kubota before. Always been a JD guy like grandpa and dad were. Still think they are top notch but they aren't quite as American as they use to be. Not that that is necessarily bad but if I new they were and I had 2 equal machines (actually even if the american one was a little weaker in specs and/or reliability) I probably still go USA. Still haven't ever purchase a foreign car or truck.

The Yanmar really impressed me. If I had more positive input from others and faith in the company I probably would of gone that route. Just didn't quite feel comfortable with them but it sure looks like it's a great machine. The 110 is stout as well but the underbelly exposure scares me and there have been some transmission issues although they may be solve. I have a neighbor who's an excavator. He has everything. Big JD hoe etc... He just didn't think I'd be happy with the 110. I drove one and like it quite a bit. The L39 seemed like the right fit for me. We will see. It arrives tomorrow. The combination of TBN user feedback, reputation of quality and cost maid me feel comfortable with the choice. Those 3 all spec out pretty close.

Good luck with your decision.

/ John Deere ? #12  

jwm561 said:
Since you guys are familiar with Deere's. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Deere 110 TLB and the Yanmar CBL40? I will be buying a 110 unless I hear some convincing reason not to. Thanks for any input.

To my knowledge they are completely different machines. The Deere 110 is based on the prior CUT series (4300 I think) but is greatly strengthened. It may use a Yanmar engine (not sure about that) but otherwise it is a Deere. The Yanmar is of course all Yanmar.

I sat on a Yanmar loader/backhoe at a local dealer and was quite impressed, though I didn't have a chance to operate it. How do prices compare? I think Yanmar will be more visible in the US market really soon as I understand their marketing situation with Deere is coming to an end or at least being curtailed.

/ John Deere ? #13  

BIGDOGG hasn't posted in over a year.

jwm561 - Since the 110 is a TLB, if you still have questions, please open a new thread in the Construction Equipment forum.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.