/ Can't decide #1  

Redneck_Randy

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 New Holland TC35A
Can\'t decide

John Deere 3320 with 300CX FEL & 447 Backhoe

New Holland TC33DA with a 15LA FEL & 758C Backhoe

Both have all the bells and whistles. Both 4x4 and close to the same price, Deere being just a couple hundred more. The Deere seems to have a better constructed backhoe then New Holland does. To me New Hollands has a better control layout. I forgot to ask both dealers if the backhoes are 3 point or not. I want a frame mount or anything better then a 3 point. The JD has there own Rockshaft mount system. Not really sure what it is but it has to be better then a 3 point. This will be only the 2nd tractor I have owned so I bit of a newbie here. I don't want to make a mistake and be stupid and pick a tractor on somethin lame like control layout. Which one to you guy's here has a better mechanical and durability record? Which is the stronger tractor? The JD is 32.5HP and the NH is 33HP. Both dealers are in the same town close to me. I'm in Skiatook Oklahoma. it's 35 miles north of Tulsa, OKlahoma.

Help me decide please.

My Rhino International shelled it's clutch today and busted out a piece of the bell housing the size of a lemmon. Crack goes half way around to the other side. Cleared the broken parts out after I removed the side panels. Engine still runs just fine. From there back everything is trashed.

Thanks
Randy

/ Can't decide #2  
Re: Can\'t decide

Both are good tractors, have the NH dealer check on the Woods and Brushhog brand backhoes with subframe mounts. I have a TC30 with the Brushhog bh and like it. I've heard alot of good things about the Woods subframe mount. When I bought mine the NH dealer recommended the Brushhog brand over the NH bh.

/ Can't decide #3  

Hi Randy.

Don't forget that there are multiple dealers in Tulsa and some dealers in Bartlesville. Most people tend to just think of the "big 2" in Tulsa, but you might be able to save some by going to one of the smaller dealers.

Afraid I don't know anything about the hoe, but I'm loving my JD 3520 purchased from Jernigan's in S. Tulsa (down by ORU).

/ Can't decide #4  

The 758C is a subframe backhoe, and the subframe comes off with the backhoe. It should be easy to hook up. That said, I prefer the Woods backhoe 4pt hook up. The subframe sits up high, better clearance, and stays on the tractor. The hoe dits down into two bottom hooks and then into two at the top where they get pinned.

I'm sure Woods makes a subrame mount for the NH model.

I am not familiar enough with either model to make a judgement, but both companies have, as you know, excellent reputations.

The only thing I can tell you is that my cousin has the older TC33, gear model. He had two problems that were aggravating but not devastating. One of the safety switches kept getting unplugged because of its precarious placement under the tractor, rather exposed to brush, etc. I went over to Louisiana and taped it together and up out of the way once I found out what the problem was.
The other is that the neutral safety on the range selector is very finicky. At first, it worked in both neutral positions, but now only in one. The tractor won't start unless it's put into the low range neutral position. Other than these two things, it has been a strong tractor, although it doesn't get many hours per year.

John

/ Can't decide #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The JD has there own Rockshaft mount system. Not really sure what it is but it has to be better then a 3 point. )</font>

This refers to JD use of the rockshaft to lift the hoe into position making it very easy to mount the hoe. It's unrelated to the type of mount I'm pretty sure JD doesn't sell any 3pt mount backhoes.

Cliff

/ Can't decide #7  

JD tends to build a really tall ROPS compared to others, at least in the smaller size machines. Is overall height a concern? Transport height on the hoe? Other than that, about the only thing that might differentiate is dealer reputation and potential resale value down the road.

/ Can't decide

It's gonna happen today. I decided on Newholland. Credit is already approved. just waiting on the wife to see the 2 models I'm going for. Dealer made me a good offer on a TC35 shifter but might be to big for getting in the trees here on the property but if all fails it will be the smaller TC33DA.

Randy

/ Can't decide #9  

Ask about the Case Big Red sale and see if you can get some more off the price.

/ Can't decide

I got the TC35A. He had to order the FEL so I should get it either late this week or early next week. Now I feel like a little kid in a candy store. LOL

Randy