Tractor for home landscape no mowing

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #1  

ad11ad

Looking for some advice. I just bought a 3 acre property that I need to dig utilities and do general landscaping plow in the winter 1/4 mi dirt drive. . I already have a ride on lawnmower. I am looking for the tractor that will give me the most bang for my buck and still be reliable. The 1 acre cleared grass and 2 acre pine grove. The soil from what I can tell I had a foundation put in was fairly sandy with rock about 2 to 3 feet mixed in. I want to put underground electric in. fence post, regrade most of the lot. I have just cleared anouther 1/2 acre of pine grove and need to pull a couple of small stumps about from 7 to 10". I dont need it to get the work done fast I just need it to be capable of doing the work. Move lots of soil, gravel, sand, etc. I really dont see myself ever using the machine to cut grass. I have been looking at the Kubota BX 24 but I didnt know if there were better options. I live in southern new england their are several dealers. I have talked to both the Kubota dealer and a Massey dealer. The kubota dealer turned me off to the BX 24 by saying it just a replacement for a shovel and wheelbarrow and will cost me about $1200 more than the GC2310 TLB. I would be interested in a new or used machine but I need to stay under 17k out the door price including a loader and backhoe. Thanks

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing
Looking for some advice. I just bought a 3 acre property that I need to dig utilities and do general landscaping plow in the winter 1/4 mi dirt drive. . I already have a ride on lawnmower. I am looking for the tractor that will give me the most bang for my buck and still be reliable. The 1 acre cleared grass and 2 acre pine grove. The soil from what I can tell I had a foundation put in was fairly sandy with rock about 2 to 3 feet mixed in. I want to put underground electric in. fence post, regrade most of the lot. I have just cleared anouther 1/2 acre of pine grove and need to pull a couple of small stumps about from 7 to 10". I dont need it to get the work done fast I just need it to be capable of doing the work. Move lots of soil, gravel, sand, etc. I really dont see myself ever using the machine to cut grass. I have been looking at the Kubota BX 24 but I didnt know if there were better options. I live in southern new england their are several dealers. I have talked to both the Kubota dealer and a Massey dealer. The kubota dealer turned me off to the BX 24 by saying it just a replacement for a shovel and wheelbarrow and will cost me about $1200 more than the GC2310 TLB. I would be interested in a new or used machine but I need to stay under 17k out the door price including a loader and backhoe. Thanks

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #3  
What kind of land -- woods or field? What kind of soil? Rocky, sandy, clay? What kind of work? Utility lines for wires, septic system, etc.?

Offhand, I'd guess that the small Deere, a BX series Kubota, or a Case/New Holland 23/26 would do most of what you want and then be a really great mower afterwards.

The more details you can provide about what you want to tackle the more useful the advice will be. Any way you look at it, however, we like to help you spend your money. What's your budget?

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #4  
What kind of land -- woods or field? What kind of soil? Rocky, sandy, clay? What kind of work? Utility lines for wires, septic system, etc.?

Offhand, I'd guess that the small Deere, a BX series Kubota, or a Case/New Holland 23/26 would do most of what you want and then be a really great mower afterwards.

The more details you can provide about what you want to tackle the more useful the advice will be. Any way you look at it, however, we like to help you spend your money. What's your budget?

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #5  
Welcome to the forum.
What dealer do you want to deal with in your area and what brand does the dealer feature? My advice is that would be a good place to start. See if you can get some demo equipment to try out.

You've given no information to go by, so where to start is a good question. What do you have experience with in the past, in the way of brand and equipment?

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #6  
Welcome to the forum.
What dealer do you want to deal with in your area and what brand does the dealer feature? My advice is that would be a good place to start. See if you can get some demo equipment to try out.

You've given no information to go by, so where to start is a good question. What do you have experience with in the past, in the way of brand and equipment?

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #7  
Sounds like you want a good ground engaging machine. In this case, the heavier the better. I would suggest looking at Kioti CK20, Mahindra, Branson, and TYM. The TYM T273 would be an awesome fit, but might blow your budget. Any of these will bury a bx kubota for ground work.

I'm in a similar situation as yours. I decided on a Kioti CK25 gear because it's just a bigger platform (than CK20) for only a few dollars more. But, this too would push your budget a bit. I bought a CK25, 130 loader, Rhino 75 bachhoe, 7' grader blade, and 2101 bushhog post hole digger, grill guard, rear remotes, and loaded tires for $20300 (includes delivery charge of $450). With just a FEL and backhoe, it'd probably cost you around $18-$19K . The CK20 will be just about right on your budget at $17K.

There's more to choose from than just the big three.

Tom

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #8  
Sounds like you want a good ground engaging machine. In this case, the heavier the better. I would suggest looking at Kioti CK20, Mahindra, Branson, and TYM. The TYM T273 would be an awesome fit, but might blow your budget. Any of these will bury a bx kubota for ground work.

I'm in a similar situation as yours. I decided on a Kioti CK25 gear because it's just a bigger platform (than CK20) for only a few dollars more. But, this too would push your budget a bit. I bought a CK25, 130 loader, Rhino 75 bachhoe, 7' grader blade, and 2101 bushhog post hole digger, grill guard, rear remotes, and loaded tires for $20300 (includes delivery charge of $450). With just a FEL and backhoe, it'd probably cost you around $18-$19K . The CK20 will be just about right on your budget at $17K.

There's more to choose from than just the big three.

Tom

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #9  
Have you seen tractorisland's grapple rig on a CK20? If not check it out. Quite the setup for clearing and brush.

/ Tractor for home landscape no mowing #10  
Have you seen tractorisland's grapple rig on a CK20? If not check it out. Quite the setup for clearing and brush.