John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #1  

Pokeboater

Tractor
John Deere 4520 cab
I was ready to buy a Kubota with a cab and then found out John Deere has the 4720 in a cab. The dealer (sells both) recommended the Kubota (less $). My question is the cab. John Deere claims a 30 degree temperature differential and Kubota claims 7-14 degree differential with the cab. Does this mean for the Kubota, if it's 100 outside it will only be 86-93 on the inside? I've got a 4710 now (no cab) that I'm happy with but I'm in south Georgia and it gets real hot and real humid down here and I want to be sure the cab will be cool enough. As to John Deere vs Kubota, I really don't have any brand loyalty. Thanks!

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab
I was ready to buy a Kubota with a cab and then found out John Deere has the 4720 in a cab. The dealer (sells both) recommended the Kubota (less $). My question is the cab. John Deere claims a 30 degree temperature differential and Kubota claims 7-14 degree differential with the cab. Does this mean for the Kubota, if it's 100 outside it will only be 86-93 on the inside? I've got a 4710 now (no cab) that I'm happy with but I'm in south Georgia and it gets real hot and real humid down here and I want to be sure the cab will be cool enough. As to John Deere vs Kubota, I really don't have any brand loyalty. Thanks!

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #3  
My suggestion is to go sit in the two and drive them and make your decision. The Kubota cab did have some serious problems with their AC a year or so back. I'm not sure if they got that fixed or not. The Deere AC will give you no problems at all. I had one the end of last summer when it was hot and humid and in a couple minutes it was as cool as you would want it.

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #4  
My suggestion is to go sit in the two and drive them and make your decision. The Kubota cab did have some serious problems with their AC a year or so back. I'm not sure if they got that fixed or not. The Deere AC will give you no problems at all. I had one the end of last summer when it was hot and humid and in a couple minutes it was as cool as you would want it.

The problem is that it's not very hot now and I need to go ahead and get the tractor.

The problem is that it's not very hot now and I need to go ahead and get the tractor.

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #7  
I can't say I've ever heard of problems with the Cab A/C system? One thing to keep in mind is the bigger the AC compressors the more HP they take from the Engine. The Kubota system uses 3 engine HP... if Deere is really able to reach a much lower temperature its going to be at the expense of exponentially more engine power.

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #8  
I can't say I've ever heard of problems with the Cab A/C system? One thing to keep in mind is the bigger the AC compressors the more HP they take from the Engine. The Kubota system uses 3 engine HP... if Deere is really able to reach a much lower temperature its going to be at the expense of exponentially more engine power.

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #9  
Pokeboater;
The temperature differential means that the a/c system sends cooler air to the vents for the upper body and a slighter warmer air for the vents used to cool the lower body. I don't think it has anything to do with how well it will cool in relation to outside temp. My GL5030 is open station so I can't comment on how the Kubota system cools. I can, however, say that I am very pleased with the rest of the 5030. I suggest you post a specific question on the Kubota Owning/Operating forum something like "GL5030 A/C Trouble?" and see what you come up with. There are lots of great folks on this site that always willing to help out and I am certain they would let you know if this is indeed a concern. Good luck!

/ John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab #10  
Pokeboater;
The temperature differential means that the a/c system sends cooler air to the vents for the upper body and a slighter warmer air for the vents used to cool the lower body. I don't think it has anything to do with how well it will cool in relation to outside temp. My GL5030 is open station so I can't comment on how the Kubota system cools. I can, however, say that I am very pleased with the rest of the 5030. I suggest you post a specific question on the Kubota Owning/Operating forum something like "GL5030 A/C Trouble?" and see what you come up with. There are lots of great folks on this site that always willing to help out and I am certain they would let you know if this is indeed a concern. Good luck!