Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab

Default John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab

I was ready to buy a kubota with a cab and then found out John Deere has the 4720 in a cab. The dealer (sells both) recommended the Kubota (less $). My question is the cab. John Deere claims a 30 degree temperature differential and Kubota claims 7-14 degree differential with the cab. Does this mean for the Kubota, if it's 100 outside it will only be 86-93 on the inside? I've got a 4710 now (no cab) that I'm happy with but I'm in south Georgia and it gets real hot and real humid down here and I want to be sure the cab will be cool enough. As to John Deere vs Kubota, I really don't have any brand loyalty. Thanks!

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab

Default John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab

I was ready to buy a kubota with a cab and then found out John Deere has the 4720 in a cab. The dealer (sells both) recommended the Kubota (less $). My question is the cab. John Deere claims a 30 degree temperature differential and Kubota claims 7-14 degree differential with the cab. Does this mean for the Kubota, if it's 100 outside it will only be 86-93 on the inside? I've got a 4710 now (no cab) that I'm happy with but I'm in south Georgia and it gets real hot and real humid down here and I want to be sure the cab will be cool enough. As to John Deere vs Kubota, I really don't have any brand loyalty. Thanks!

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

Default Re: John Deere 4720 cab vs Kubota GL5030 cab

My suggestion is to go sit in the two and drive them and make your decision. The kubota cab did have some serious problems with their AC a year or so back. I'm not sure if they got that fixed or not. The Deere AC will give you no problems at all. I had one the end of last summer when it was hot and humid and in a couple minutes it was as cool as you would want it.

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

My suggestion is to go sit in the two and drive them and make your decision. The kubota cab did have some serious problems with their AC a year or so back. I'm not sure if they got that fixed or not. The Deere AC will give you no problems at all. I had one the end of last summer when it was hot and humid and in a couple minutes it was as cool as you would want it.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab

The problem is that it's not very hot now and I need to go ahead and get the tractor.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab

The problem is that it's not very hot now and I need to go ahead and get the tractor.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

I can't say I've ever heard of problems with the Cab A/C system? One thing to keep in mind is the bigger the AC compressors the more HP they take from the Engine. The kubota system uses 3 engine HP... if Deere is really able to reach a much lower temperature its going to be at the expense of exponentially more engine power.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

I can't say I've ever heard of problems with the Cab A/C system? One thing to keep in mind is the bigger the AC compressors the more HP they take from the Engine. The kubota system uses 3 engine HP... if Deere is really able to reach a much lower temperature its going to be at the expense of exponentially more engine power.

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 GST

Pokeboater;
    The temperature differential means that the a/c system sends cooler air to the vents for the upper body and a slighter warmer air for the vents used to cool the lower body. I don't think it has anything to do with how well it will cool in relation to outside temp. My GL5030 is open station so I can't comment on how the kubota system cools. I can, however, say that I am very pleased with the rest of the 5030. I suggest you post a specific question on the Kubota Owning/Operating forum something like "GL5030 A/C Trouble?" and see what you come up with. There are lots of great folks on this site that always willing to help out and I am certain they would let you know if this is indeed a concern. Good luck!

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 GST

Pokeboater;
    The temperature differential means that the a/c system sends cooler air to the vents for the upper body and a slighter warmer air for the vents used to cool the lower body. I don't think it has anything to do with how well it will cool in relation to outside temp. My GL5030 is open station so I can't comment on how the kubota system cools. I can, however, say that I am very pleased with the rest of the 5030. I suggest you post a specific question on the Kubota Owning/Operating forum something like "GL5030 A/C Trouble?" and see what you come up with. There are lots of great folks on this site that always willing to help out and I am certain they would let you know if this is indeed a concern. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast