Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #21  
If the ONLY thing I needed a tractor for was to clear one acre, I would hire that done, then buy a riding mower.

The Kubota and the John Deere that others have mentioned are the only ones I am familiar with. While good units indeed, there is no way, in my mind, it makes economic sense for you to buy one, based on the needs you have described here. What you will end up with is a VERY expensive lawn mower.

All that being said, if you can afford it, go for it. If money isn't an object, you certainly won't regret spending it on a nice tractor. The more tools the better. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #22  
If the ONLY thing I needed a tractor for was to clear one acre, I would hire that done, then buy a riding mower.

The Kubota and the John Deere that others have mentioned are the only ones I am familiar with. While good units indeed, there is no way, in my mind, it makes economic sense for you to buy one, based on the needs you have described here. What you will end up with is a VERY expensive lawn mower.

All that being said, if you can afford it, go for it. If money isn't an object, you certainly won't regret spending it on a nice tractor. The more tools the better. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #23  
The type of unit you seek is usually marketed as a TLB, for Tractor, Loader, Backhoe. These are fairly commonly stocked in most any tractor store that sells compacts and sub-compacts.

The typically encountered brands will have TLBs in their lines, but you might want to think about the size of your investment versus just getting the tractor/loader with a mid-mount-mower, or MMM. Compare the cost of the backhoe attachment against the cost of renting a small excavator or similar rig for the jobs you want to do. Consider having renting a stump grinder instead of digging them out and leaving a big hole in the yard plus a stump to dispose of. With one acre, I can't imagine that you'd run up several thousand dollars in rental time or contractor fees. When you're done digging up stumps, what else will you do with the hoe? A number of guys here who have one say it sits around taking up space about 98% of the time or more.

I have nothing against having neat toys to work with, but a backhoe is a lot of money that may not get a lot of use, whereas a MMM will.

The BX series Kubota will fill all these roles well. It looks almost like a large riding mower rather than a big tractor that shrunk. They are very nice machines, as are the JDs and the Case/New Holland estate tractors like the DX18E.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #24  
The type of unit you seek is usually marketed as a TLB, for Tractor, Loader, Backhoe. These are fairly commonly stocked in most any tractor store that sells compacts and sub-compacts.

The typically encountered brands will have TLBs in their lines, but you might want to think about the size of your investment versus just getting the tractor/loader with a mid-mount-mower, or MMM. Compare the cost of the backhoe attachment against the cost of renting a small excavator or similar rig for the jobs you want to do. Consider having renting a stump grinder instead of digging them out and leaving a big hole in the yard plus a stump to dispose of. With one acre, I can't imagine that you'd run up several thousand dollars in rental time or contractor fees. When you're done digging up stumps, what else will you do with the hoe? A number of guys here who have one say it sits around taking up space about 98% of the time or more.

I have nothing against having neat toys to work with, but a backhoe is a lot of money that may not get a lot of use, whereas a MMM will.

The BX series Kubota will fill all these roles well. It looks almost like a large riding mower rather than a big tractor that shrunk. They are very nice machines, as are the JDs and the Case/New Holland estate tractors like the DX18E.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #25  
<font color="green">JD 110 tractor-loader-backhoe. </font>

<font color="purple"></font><font color="blue" class="small">( Take a look at the CK (20,25,30) model line of tractors )</font>

<font color="orange">As far as the JD110 it very over rated I have a L48 Kubota and a friend of mine has a JD and the Kubota will run rings around the JD and my kubota is 3 years old </font>

Uh guys, just for reference, this guy has a 1 acre property. Don't you think that some of those choices are a little large for 1 acre? The largest tractor I could reasonably see him use is the CK20. But lets be honest, for 1 acre he could do most of the chores with a garden tractor and rent a small backhoe to pull the stumps. It would save him about $10,000 over the price of the small tractors mentioned here, and probably save him $30,000 over the price of the commerical grade stuff.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #26  
<font color="green">JD 110 tractor-loader-backhoe. </font>

<font color="purple"></font><font color="blue" class="small">( Take a look at the CK (20,25,30) model line of tractors )</font>

<font color="orange">As far as the JD110 it very over rated I have a L48 Kubota and a friend of mine has a JD and the Kubota will run rings around the JD and my kubota is 3 years old </font>

Uh guys, just for reference, this guy has a 1 acre property. Don't you think that some of those choices are a little large for 1 acre? The largest tractor I could reasonably see him use is the CK20. But lets be honest, for 1 acre he could do most of the chores with a garden tractor and rent a small backhoe to pull the stumps. It would save him about $10,000 over the price of the small tractors mentioned here, and probably save him $30,000 over the price of the commerical grade stuff.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #27  
I'm with you on this one Bob. A CK20 is big for that size lot, and would be a good choice, especially for the digging. But the BX is probably better for mowing.

Huh! Who am I to talk. I bought a CK25 for a mere 2.5 acres /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Bought too small the first time, and wasn't going to let it happen again. (There's a lessen here for the original poster). I now have a lot of money tied up in 2 tractors. But, boy is it ever fun, and nice to be able to do just about anything when I need to.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #28  
I'm with you on this one Bob. A CK20 is big for that size lot, and would be a good choice, especially for the digging. But the BX is probably better for mowing.

Huh! Who am I to talk. I bought a CK25 for a mere 2.5 acres /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Bought too small the first time, and wasn't going to let it happen again. (There's a lessen here for the original poster). I now have a lot of money tied up in 2 tractors. But, boy is it ever fun, and nice to be able to do just about anything when I need to.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Uh guys, just for reference, this guy has a 1 acre property. Don't you think that some of those choices are a little large for 1 acre?
)</font>

Bob, IMO that serves to make the earlier Power Trac recommendation even more appropriate. Rather than a $4000 to $5000 backhoe, it uses an $1100 minihoe...

That gives an awful lot of "hoe" functionality at a small fraction of the cost... the other common attachments cost about the same as for a SCUT.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Uh guys, just for reference, this guy has a 1 acre property. Don't you think that some of those choices are a little large for 1 acre?
)</font>

Bob, IMO that serves to make the earlier Power Trac recommendation even more appropriate. Rather than a $4000 to $5000 backhoe, it uses an $1100 minihoe...

That gives an awful lot of "hoe" functionality at a small fraction of the cost... the other common attachments cost about the same as for a SCUT.