Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #81  
Kubota B21, just happen to have one for sale! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Surprised no one else recommended the B21!

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #82  
Kubota B21, just happen to have one for sale! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Surprised no one else recommended the B21!

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #83  
I was pretty much in the same boat you are in. I have approximately 3/4 acre where I needed to move 2-3 feet of soil from one side of the yard to the other (the lot was excessively sloped). I also had a drive running though it from one side and out the other (roughly 90-100 feet long), and being from Jersey as well I used an ATV with plow to remove snow. It was hard to justify the 16K for a tractor (BX23) but i do not regret it. I had three trees removed, but I also had a friend with a full size backhoe remove the stumps (I am not sure if the BX could have done it, but I also did not want to die of old age trying!). Using a Woods Box Blade and Tiller the lot is now level and smooth. I went as far as trenching the entire perimeter of the house and put in undergroud pipe from the gutters to the road (Backhoe!!). I also purchased a Woods rear blade for the snow (I sold the ATV for $5000 and recouped some money as well). I had just bought a Cub Cadet tractor and sold that as well recouping some more of the 16K. The tractor was the perfect size for these projects (except for large stump removal), yet small enough to be a daily mower, one that easily fits between yard obstacles and does not weigh enough to tear up or otherwise mar the grass while mowing. I went for the 54" blade, but in retrospect I would opt for the 60" - I think it would be easier to get close to obstacles while mowing. In the end I will more than likely sell the beast, resale was one of the plusses with the Kubota, the other less known tractors suffer from greater depreciation. Amazingly my wife who was against the purchase (monetarily) now says she would like me to keep it. The possiblities of yardwork with this thing is endless, I see a retaining wall in my future. I also occationaly mow the field next to me for the lady who lives there (2-3 acres, just because I can I guess), and high damp grass does not bog down the diesel engine (did I mention that the Diesel seems way more powerful AND quieter at the same time than some of the larger Gas engined mowers?). Sorry for the long post, but I felt your needs and have been there.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe? #84  
I was pretty much in the same boat you are in. I have approximately 3/4 acre where I needed to move 2-3 feet of soil from one side of the yard to the other (the lot was excessively sloped). I also had a drive running though it from one side and out the other (roughly 90-100 feet long), and being from Jersey as well I used an ATV with plow to remove snow. It was hard to justify the 16K for a tractor (BX23) but i do not regret it. I had three trees removed, but I also had a friend with a full size backhoe remove the stumps (I am not sure if the BX could have done it, but I also did not want to die of old age trying!). Using a Woods Box Blade and Tiller the lot is now level and smooth. I went as far as trenching the entire perimeter of the house and put in undergroud pipe from the gutters to the road (Backhoe!!). I also purchased a Woods rear blade for the snow (I sold the ATV for $5000 and recouped some money as well). I had just bought a Cub Cadet tractor and sold that as well recouping some more of the 16K. The tractor was the perfect size for these projects (except for large stump removal), yet small enough to be a daily mower, one that easily fits between yard obstacles and does not weigh enough to tear up or otherwise mar the grass while mowing. I went for the 54" blade, but in retrospect I would opt for the 60" - I think it would be easier to get close to obstacles while mowing. In the end I will more than likely sell the beast, resale was one of the plusses with the Kubota, the other less known tractors suffer from greater depreciation. Amazingly my wife who was against the purchase (monetarily) now says she would like me to keep it. The possiblities of yardwork with this thing is endless, I see a retaining wall in my future. I also occationaly mow the field next to me for the lady who lives there (2-3 acres, just because I can I guess), and high damp grass does not bog down the diesel engine (did I mention that the Diesel seems way more powerful AND quieter at the same time than some of the larger Gas engined mowers?). Sorry for the long post, but I felt your needs and have been there.

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?
where in Jersey are you from? why would you look to get rid of the bx23?

/ Best, smallest, tractor with bucket and rear hoe?
where in Jersey are you from? why would you look to get rid of the bx23?