Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small?

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small?
The JD is too big for mowing laws and around small gardens on the big property - but works great for bush-hogging the fields, skidding out firewood and general chores there.

And the JD is obviously too big for general mowing chores (size and weight).

As for uses for the BH - here is what I'm thinking - and looking for either validation that it makes sense - or a "dude - stick with the weed whacker". I imagine a tool like a BH should continue to generate jobs for itself. And looking at the "expected time" to do the pool and rental rates of a a BH around here - I think the rental would be about 50% of the purchase of one...

As for FEL capacity - one thing that has concerned me about the BX24 - specifically - has been the seemingly small 540# lift capacity of the bucket. The concrete work the bucket will be seeing initially is me breaking the pool apron up by hand and then using the FEL to flip it into the pool shell. Something more than 540# would be nice.

As for the grading - I'm looking to pull off about 8" of soil that crowns the yard around the pool and pull it down to flatten the yard - is this something that's too much for tractors in the SCUT class?

I like the looks of the Kioti - but what's the "history - and reliability" of the CK20?

The JD is too big for mowing laws and around small gardens on the big property - but works great for bush-hogging the fields, skidding out firewood and general chores there.

And the JD is obviously too big for general mowing chores (size and weight).

As for uses for the BH - here is what I'm thinking - and looking for either validation that it makes sense - or a "dude - stick with the weed whacker". I imagine a tool like a BH should continue to generate jobs for itself. And looking at the "expected time" to do the pool and rental rates of a a BH around here - I think the rental would be about 50% of the purchase of one...

As for FEL capacity - one thing that has concerned me about the BX24 - specifically - has been the seemingly small 540# lift capacity of the bucket. The concrete work the bucket will be seeing initially is me breaking the pool apron up by hand and then using the FEL to flip it into the pool shell. Something more than 540# would be nice.

As for the grading - I'm looking to pull off about 8" of soil that crowns the yard around the pool and pull it down to flatten the yard - is this something that's too much for tractors in the SCUT class?

I like the looks of the Kioti - but what's the "history - and reliability" of the CK20?

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small? #13  
I think everyone seems to be leaning to the same thought. A sub-cut is going to be too small for removing your inground pool. They will take a long time to remove the stumps if you have a lot of them or if they are large. A tractor large enough to do that work will be much too large for mowing. I have a friend with about 3 acres that had big work so he bought a used Case 580. Now it looks really huge on his lot, but the plan is as soon as the big work is done is to re-sell and get his money back. This would only work if you're handy, it's old and ugly and has had to replace some hoses. I'm also sure, he'll get every penny back when he sells it. Then he'll buy a sub-cut for maintaince of the yard. Just an idea. Cheers

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small? #14  
I think everyone seems to be leaning to the same thought. A sub-cut is going to be too small for removing your inground pool. They will take a long time to remove the stumps if you have a lot of them or if they are large. A tractor large enough to do that work will be much too large for mowing. I have a friend with about 3 acres that had big work so he bought a used Case 580. Now it looks really huge on his lot, but the plan is as soon as the big work is done is to re-sell and get his money back. This would only work if you're handy, it's old and ugly and has had to replace some hoses. I'm also sure, he'll get every penny back when he sells it. Then he'll buy a sub-cut for maintaince of the yard. Just an idea. Cheers

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small? #15  
It's good to keep in mind what a BX24 actually is. It's a strong and sturdy mower that's been turned into the Swiss Army Knife of tractors. It'll do a bit of everything, but it's one strong point is mowing.

I was recently considering a BX for removal of the many stumps I have. Was close to pulling the trigger but then remembered how the small TLB's I've seen working here all buck and jump and react violently to efforts to dig in the rocky soil. The term "tail wagging the dog" comes to mind. So I hesitated and ran the idea past a friend with BH experience. He nixed the idea immediately. The work I'd planned would 'beat the crap' out of a BX in his estimation. Better to go the rental route for the digging and use something big enough to take the abuse in stride.

FWIW
Bob

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small? #16  
It's good to keep in mind what a BX24 actually is. It's a strong and sturdy mower that's been turned into the Swiss Army Knife of tractors. It'll do a bit of everything, but it's one strong point is mowing.

I was recently considering a BX for removal of the many stumps I have. Was close to pulling the trigger but then remembered how the small TLB's I've seen working here all buck and jump and react violently to efforts to dig in the rocky soil. The term "tail wagging the dog" comes to mind. So I hesitated and ran the idea past a friend with BH experience. He nixed the idea immediately. The work I'd planned would 'beat the crap' out of a BX in his estimation. Better to go the rental route for the digging and use something big enough to take the abuse in stride.

FWIW
Bob

OK - so let's say I decide to NOT get a SCUT for the pool smashing... That leaves the rest of my list of things to do (add snow removal) - and the big one is really going to be the re-grading of the yard... followed by the mowing of said yard - with FEL work mixed in.
Seems to me from my reading the CK20HST is not a popular mower - the BX24 is - but then you have a reversal of points between those 2 when it comes to ground engaging implements and FEL capacity. Or should I bee looking in a completly differnt space?

OK - so let's say I decide to NOT get a SCUT for the pool smashing... That leaves the rest of my list of things to do (add snow removal) - and the big one is really going to be the re-grading of the yard... followed by the mowing of said yard - with FEL work mixed in.
Seems to me from my reading the CK20HST is not a popular mower - the BX24 is - but then you have a reversal of points between those 2 when it comes to ground engaging implements and FEL capacity. Or should I bee looking in a completly differnt space?

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small? #19  
Why not get a BX 1850 for yard work and small chore front end loader work and a BH for the Deere for the money saved by not getting a BX 24. This way you still have a small chore tractor BX and a very capable backhoe for the larger tractor.

/ Need a tractor - Is BX24 (type) too small? #20  
Why not get a BX 1850 for yard work and small chore front end loader work and a BH for the Deere for the money saved by not getting a BX 24. This way you still have a small chore tractor BX and a very capable backhoe for the larger tractor.