M7040/8540 vs TN75

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #1  

jswan

I appreciate the advice given on my other post. I am new to the tractor game and have been out pricing tractors. My last post involved the tn75 and m7040. I drove the tn75 last week and am unable to find a m7040 close by. I have been pricing with cabs and self leveling loaders 4wd. M7040 is 36K. TN75 is 36,5K. M8540 is 38K. Just wondering if anyone has any advice before I make a mistake. I also have bids up to 43K for the SAME TN75. Seems like the dealers must have some fairly good markup. Thanks.

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75
I appreciate the advice given on my other post. I am new to the tractor game and have been out pricing tractors. My last post involved the tn75 and m7040. I drove the tn75 last week and am unable to find a m7040 close by. I have been pricing with cabs and self leveling loaders 4wd. M7040 is 36K. TN75 is 36,5K. M8540 is 38K. Just wondering if anyone has any advice before I make a mistake. I also have bids up to 43K for the SAME TN75. Seems like the dealers must have some fairly good markup. Thanks.

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #3  
I narrowed my decision down to the M7040 & TN75A due to them both having 62 h.p. pto. I liked both tractors. The New Holland is now owned by Fiatt. My neighbor has several Ford/ New Holland tractors & he bought the TN75A w/cab. I don't think he's put a loader on it yet. I finally got the M7040 several thousand cheaper & I guess as this is my fourth Kubota I was afraid to leave the orange.

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #4  
I narrowed my decision down to the M7040 & TN75A due to them both having 62 h.p. pto. I liked both tractors. The New Holland is now owned by Fiatt. My neighbor has several Ford/ New Holland tractors & he bought the TN75A w/cab. I don't think he's put a loader on it yet. I finally got the M7040 several thousand cheaper & I guess as this is my fourth Kubota I was afraid to leave the orange.

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #5  
Both of these tractors are comparible and either should be a good choice. Both are close in price. The difference now will boil down to which one is more comfortable and who you feel is the best dealer to buy from. Do yourself a favor and find and try a 7040 before you buy, since you already are interested in this model. Maybe the dealer can get one in for you to try.

The Kubota is a 4cyl vs a turbo 3 cyl on the TN. Also, the TN is heavier. I would be curious to know where the weight difference is too.

Have you also looked at any comparible JD's?

BTW - I'm kind of partial to blue /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #6  
Both of these tractors are comparible and either should be a good choice. Both are close in price. The difference now will boil down to which one is more comfortable and who you feel is the best dealer to buy from. Do yourself a favor and find and try a 7040 before you buy, since you already are interested in this model. Maybe the dealer can get one in for you to try.

The Kubota is a 4cyl vs a turbo 3 cyl on the TN. Also, the TN is heavier. I would be curious to know where the weight difference is too.

Have you also looked at any comparible JD's?

BTW - I'm kind of partial to blue /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #7  
I currently have a TN75D. This my second TN. My dealer who my family has done business with since the 50's sells both Kubota and Mew Holland. When I was looking and was seriously thinking of the Kubota, my dealer shook hi shead and said go with the TN. I'll also say that the New Hollands ard just built stronger. I spend a fair amount of time wanderig around the service department and have seen several Kubota's of various sizes with the rear of the differential ripped out. I've never seen that on a New Holland. I asked the service manager about it and he confirmed my suspicions. I'm very satisfied with my TN.

Andy

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #8  
I currently have a TN75D. This my second TN. My dealer who my family has done business with since the 50's sells both Kubota and Mew Holland. When I was looking and was seriously thinking of the Kubota, my dealer shook hi shead and said go with the TN. I'll also say that the New Hollands ard just built stronger. I spend a fair amount of time wanderig around the service department and have seen several Kubota's of various sizes with the rear of the differential ripped out. I've never seen that on a New Holland. I asked the service manager about it and he confirmed my suspicions. I'm very satisfied with my TN.

Andy

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #9  
The closest I found on John Deere was the 5425 Utility FWD (65 pto). Nice tractor. The New Holland was heavier, which I liked. The base tractor (ROPS) weights between the two were:

Kubota M7040 - 4608
New Holland Tn75A - 5730

/ M7040/8540 vs TN75 #10  
The closest I found on John Deere was the 5425 Utility FWD (65 pto). Nice tractor. The New Holland was heavier, which I liked. The base tractor (ROPS) weights between the two were:

Kubota M7040 - 4608
New Holland Tn75A - 5730