BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the difference between the "limited cat 1 - 3pt" on the JD vs a "standard Cat 1 - 3pt" on the Kubota )</font>

Not much. JD calls it limited because it can't lift implements as high off the ground as their standard CAT1 requires. This is because it's a sub-cut and low to the ground. Some implements require that extra lift space and the short sub-cuts don't have it. The Kubota is the same, they just don't point it out by stating that it's limited in this way.

Based on the JD documentation, the 3pt is not limited in any other way.

The 1/4inching valve on the Kubota is considered a better valve because it's apparently easier to nudge the implement up or down. I've never used anything but position control, so I don't know how much day-to-day difference that would make. I guess it might depend on the type of implements you use.

Cliff

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the difference between the "limited cat 1 - 3pt" on the JD vs a "standard Cat 1 - 3pt" on the Kubota )</font>

Not much. JD calls it limited because it can't lift implements as high off the ground as their standard CAT1 requires. This is because it's a sub-cut and low to the ground. Some implements require that extra lift space and the short sub-cuts don't have it. The Kubota is the same, they just don't point it out by stating that it's limited in this way.

Based on the JD documentation, the 3pt is not limited in any other way.

The 1/4inching valve on the Kubota is considered a better valve because it's apparently easier to nudge the implement up or down. I've never used anything but position control, so I don't know how much day-to-day difference that would make. I guess it might depend on the type of implements you use.

Cliff

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #13  
I also have been looking at these two models. I went and drove the kubota on Wed. and the JD on Thursday. The Kubota seemed to be more compact and shorter, though I did notice the deck raised an inch or two higher than the JD's deck. This would be kind of nice for doing dirt work. Although, the JD had independent controls for the mower deck and the rear 3pt. This was a big + in my book. The JD also has a much larger displacement engine (68) than the Kubota at (54). The Kubota engines, though they are great engines, seem to be noiser and vibrate more to get the HP. I think they are doing higher RPMs. The JD was nice and smooth and very quite. I drove a Mahindra 2015 that also was very quite and smooth. I have owned a Kubota B7800 with a 30hp engine and it always seemed very noisy when rapped out to working rpms.

The fit and finish on the Kubota seemed cheaper and more "department store" than the JD. The hood release the grill seem cheap and not tractor like on the Kubota.

The real biggey if your going to get a loader, is the JD lift capacity is about double that of the Kubota from what the dealers are telling me. The Kubota dealer said the loader only lifts 450 lbs. I think the JD will do 800+. I think the 3pt. lift is about the same on both models. This may depend on the loader model.

I just liked the way the JD was layed out better. I have always been a big fan of Kubota but I am disappointed with the ruggedness of the 2350s.

I would pay a little more ($1000) for the JD. I think your getting more tractor and in areas that matter, engine displacement, loader lift, seperate hydraulics for mower deck, quiter operation. Also, I think the JD looks like it's 3pt. arms looked longer and like they would handle larger implements than the Kubota. I would like to see them parked next to each other to really compare and measure. I wasn't even going to look at the JD but I am glad I did. If I buy one it will probably be JD.

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #14  
I also have been looking at these two models. I went and drove the kubota on Wed. and the JD on Thursday. The Kubota seemed to be more compact and shorter, though I did notice the deck raised an inch or two higher than the JD's deck. This would be kind of nice for doing dirt work. Although, the JD had independent controls for the mower deck and the rear 3pt. This was a big + in my book. The JD also has a much larger displacement engine (68) than the Kubota at (54). The Kubota engines, though they are great engines, seem to be noiser and vibrate more to get the HP. I think they are doing higher RPMs. The JD was nice and smooth and very quite. I drove a Mahindra 2015 that also was very quite and smooth. I have owned a Kubota B7800 with a 30hp engine and it always seemed very noisy when rapped out to working rpms.

The fit and finish on the Kubota seemed cheaper and more "department store" than the JD. The hood release the grill seem cheap and not tractor like on the Kubota.

The real biggey if your going to get a loader, is the JD lift capacity is about double that of the Kubota from what the dealers are telling me. The Kubota dealer said the loader only lifts 450 lbs. I think the JD will do 800+. I think the 3pt. lift is about the same on both models. This may depend on the loader model.

I just liked the way the JD was layed out better. I have always been a big fan of Kubota but I am disappointed with the ruggedness of the 2350s.

I would pay a little more ($1000) for the JD. I think your getting more tractor and in areas that matter, engine displacement, loader lift, seperate hydraulics for mower deck, quiter operation. Also, I think the JD looks like it's 3pt. arms looked longer and like they would handle larger implements than the Kubota. I would like to see them parked next to each other to really compare and measure. I wasn't even going to look at the JD but I am glad I did. If I buy one it will probably be JD.

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #15  
Sorry RickO, but I think you've been misled a bit by the salesman on the loader specs on the 2305. Lift capacity at 19.7" forward of the pivot point, to maximum height, for the 200CX on the 2305 is 498 lbs, and is only 629 lbs for the 200CX on the larger 2520. The BX2350 loader capacity is 518 lbs. at 19.7", to full height. Check out THIS JD link.

I can tell you though, from tests I've done on my Case and a Kubota subcut, that those printed lift capacities tend to be on the conservative side by 100 lbs, but too much weight in the FELs on those little machines can make them very unstable.

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #16  
Sorry RickO, but I think you've been misled a bit by the salesman on the loader specs on the 2305. Lift capacity at 19.7" forward of the pivot point, to maximum height, for the 200CX on the 2305 is 498 lbs, and is only 629 lbs for the 200CX on the larger 2520. The BX2350 loader capacity is 518 lbs. at 19.7", to full height. Check out THIS JD link.

I can tell you though, from tests I've done on my Case and a Kubota subcut, that those printed lift capacities tend to be on the conservative side by 100 lbs, but too much weight in the FELs on those little machines can make them very unstable.

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #17  
<font color="blue"> Anyone decide on one of these guys (or their predecessors) then with they had done the BH equipped tractor? The $4000 upfront is a lot of rental time - but there is also a convenience factor by owning. </font>
I went with the Kuibota BX 23 just to get the BH.
At $40 an hour it only takes 100 hours on the hour meter to pay for A $4000 BH. That first 100 hours will go quick on a new tractor.

I now have 550 hours on the BX23.
550 times $40 dollars equals $22000.
I only paid $15500 for the BX23 so the tractor has paid for itself long ago.

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #18  
<font color="blue"> Anyone decide on one of these guys (or their predecessors) then with they had done the BH equipped tractor? The $4000 upfront is a lot of rental time - but there is also a convenience factor by owning. </font>
I went with the Kuibota BX 23 just to get the BH.
At $40 an hour it only takes 100 hours on the hour meter to pay for A $4000 BH. That first 100 hours will go quick on a new tractor.

I now have 550 hours on the BX23.
550 times $40 dollars equals $22000.
I only paid $15500 for the BX23 so the tractor has paid for itself long ago.

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #19  
<font color="blue"> I can tell you though, from tests I've done on my Case and a Kubota subcut, that those printed lift capacities tend to be on the conservative side by 100 lbs, but <font color="red"> too much weight in the FELs on those little machines can make them very unstable. </font>

</font>
<font color="red"> Just cause it will lift it don't mean it's safe to lift it.
Folks over look the safety issue by focusing on highest lifting capacity. </font>

/ BX2350 (BX24) or JD2305 #20  
<font color="blue"> I can tell you though, from tests I've done on my Case and a Kubota subcut, that those printed lift capacities tend to be on the conservative side by 100 lbs, but <font color="red"> too much weight in the FELs on those little machines can make them very unstable. </font>

</font>
<font color="red"> Just cause it will lift it don't mean it's safe to lift it.
Folks over look the safety issue by focusing on highest lifting capacity. </font>