Pros and Cons of a 2cyl.

/ Pros and Cons of a 2cyl. #41  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I love the 2 cylinder engines because of that torque. Torque doesn't just exist because an engine is diesel. Torque is due MUCH more to the stroke length than to which fuel is burned. Longer stroked slower RPM engines of the same displacement make more torque regardless of whether they are diesel or gasoline. The little 3 cylinder short stroke, high RPM diesels don't make nearly as much torque as a similar displacement 2 cylinder engine with the longer stroke and really don't make substantially more torque than a similarly sized gasoline engine. The high RPM diesels really are designed more similar to gasoline engines (and perform more like them) than the older, slower running diesels that gained diesels their well loved reputation. )</font>

Good point, I've misspoken this before.... You're absoloutly correct, I keep thinking of larger displacement engines(equal cyl displacement, just adding another) Sorry, thanks for the correction..

Just the same, I would buy another 2cyl in a heartbeat..

/ Pros and Cons of a 2cyl. #42  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I love the 2 cylinder engines because of that torque. Torque doesn't just exist because an engine is diesel. Torque is due MUCH more to the stroke length than to which fuel is burned. Longer stroked slower RPM engines of the same displacement make more torque regardless of whether they are diesel or gasoline. The little 3 cylinder short stroke, high RPM diesels don't make nearly as much torque as a similar displacement 2 cylinder engine with the longer stroke and really don't make substantially more torque than a similarly sized gasoline engine. The high RPM diesels really are designed more similar to gasoline engines (and perform more like them) than the older, slower running diesels that gained diesels their well loved reputation. )</font>

Good point, I've misspoken this before.... You're absoloutly correct, I keep thinking of larger displacement engines(equal cyl displacement, just adding another) Sorry, thanks for the correction..

Just the same, I would buy another 2cyl in a heartbeat..

/ Pros and Cons of a 2cyl. #43  
Just finished bushhogging some of my property with my 1500D, Thats the little cousin of the YM2000 and a 2 cyl also. The only time mine bogs is when I am going too fast in a wet spot where it is THICK. I would like a little bigger tractor though, so I don't think you could go wrong with a YM2000 especially for the price they tend to go for.

/ Pros and Cons of a 2cyl. #44  
Just finished bushhogging some of my property with my 1500D, Thats the little cousin of the YM2000 and a 2 cyl also. The only time mine bogs is when I am going too fast in a wet spot where it is THICK. I would like a little bigger tractor though, so I don't think you could go wrong with a YM2000 especially for the price they tend to go for.

/ Pros and Cons of a 2cyl.
Thanks guys for all this info. I was considering the YM 2000B if I bought one. I'm from N. Louisiana. Do you guys know of any reputable dealers in this general area......thanks again.

/ Pros and Cons of a 2cyl.
Thanks guys for all this info. I was considering the YM 2000B if I bought one. I'm from N. Louisiana. Do you guys know of any reputable dealers in this general area......thanks again.