Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
I had been looking at JD and Kubota but recently looked at the Challenger 285, 295 40-50 hp range. They seem slightly cruder but have slightly higher FEL and 3 point lift spects.
Thanks

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series
I had been looking at JD and Kubota but recently looked at the Challenger 285, 295 40-50 hp range. They seem slightly cruder but have slightly higher FEL and 3 point lift spects.
Thanks

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #3  
From looking at the website, I'd say that the only "Cat" is in the name. Obviously it's an off shore unit that's marketed by AGCO, a company that is lately been trying to survive and adjust their product lines to compete with JD and Kubota in the compact market. Cat had teething problems with the Challanger series of low ground pressure tracked "ag" prime movers and has seem to abandon owners while selling the rights to Agco.

There have been published rumblings of those disgruntled owners on the internet. I believe I'd stick with an established brand with an established network of dealers which, Agco at present lacks or you may wind up as a disgruntled owner yourself.

Finally, remember that most Agco dealers are big tractor oriented, dealing with commercial operators not the compact tractor buyer.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #4  
From looking at the website, I'd say that the only "Cat" is in the name. Obviously it's an off shore unit that's marketed by AGCO, a company that is lately been trying to survive and adjust their product lines to compete with JD and Kubota in the compact market. Cat had teething problems with the Challanger series of low ground pressure tracked "ag" prime movers and has seem to abandon owners while selling the rights to Agco.

There have been published rumblings of those disgruntled owners on the internet. I believe I'd stick with an established brand with an established network of dealers which, Agco at present lacks or you may wind up as a disgruntled owner yourself.

Finally, remember that most Agco dealers are big tractor oriented, dealing with commercial operators not the compact tractor buyer.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #5  
I realize you are referring to Cat dealers but I think you forgot that most of AGCO's sales are through Massey Ferguson dealers that are not trying to "survive" as you have stated. AGCO is the third largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment in the world not by accident and not by survival problems. Also, most of Massey Ferguson sales are not to commercial end users or larger units, they are mostly under 100 HP to hobby farmers. To say that AGCO customers are disgruntled is not correct and careless use of this site. I would visit the Massey Ferguson forum on this site to get a glimpse of how customers who own Massey Ferguson products really feel and not make a blanket statement as you have done.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #6  
I realize you are referring to Cat dealers but I think you forgot that most of AGCO's sales are through Massey Ferguson dealers that are not trying to "survive" as you have stated. AGCO is the third largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment in the world not by accident and not by survival problems. Also, most of Massey Ferguson sales are not to commercial end users or larger units, they are mostly under 100 HP to hobby farmers. To say that AGCO customers are disgruntled is not correct and careless use of this site. I would visit the Massey Ferguson forum on this site to get a glimpse of how customers who own Massey Ferguson products really feel and not make a blanket statement as you have done.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #7  
The Cat compact tractors are the same as Massey, just painted a different color. There is no problem with them what so ever.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #8  
The Cat compact tractors are the same as Massey, just painted a different color. There is no problem with them what so ever.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #9  
Offshore built just like Kubota and John Deere in Japan. Agco sells more tractors than Kubota and about the same as John Deere. Yes, most of the Cat dealers are not geared towards the CUT market, but I would take each dealer by there own merrits. If you have a good dealer, then you have a good dealer. The challenger tractors are the same as the orange Agco's and red Massey's. All good.

/ Thoughts on a CAT Callenger 200 series #10  
Offshore built just like Kubota and John Deere in Japan. Agco sells more tractors than Kubota and about the same as John Deere. Yes, most of the Cat dealers are not geared towards the CUT market, but I would take each dealer by there own merrits. If you have a good dealer, then you have a good dealer. The challenger tractors are the same as the orange Agco's and red Massey's. All good.