Simplicity Legacy

/ Simplicity Legacy #1  

Renoir

Tractor
Did have: JD-285/Struck Magnatrac crawler
Hi guys! Does anyone have experience with the new Simplicity Legacy XL 24-hp B&S diesel?
I'm thinking of buying one to use with a 4' pto-driven rotary brush cutter to mow trails through my 640 ac of Manitoba, Canada bush land (for dogsledding, doncha know!). Knowing today's trend of machinery manufacturers, even old reliable names, to produce showy looking junk, I wonder if this tractor will stand up to hard work under arduous conditons. I would like to use the posthole attachment too.
Any thoughts or opinions welcome.
Michael

/ Simplicity Legacy
Hi guys! Does anyone have experience with the new Simplicity Legacy XL 24-hp B&S diesel?
I'm thinking of buying one to use with a 4' pto-driven rotary brush cutter to mow trails through my 640 ac of Manitoba, Canada bush land (for dogsledding, doncha know!). Knowing today's trend of machinery manufacturers, even old reliable names, to produce showy looking junk, I wonder if this tractor will stand up to hard work under arduous conditons. I would like to use the posthole attachment too.
Any thoughts or opinions welcome.
Michael

/ Simplicity Legacy #3  
The Simplicity Legacy is a great lttle tractor and should hold up well. That said however, I think their are better choices out their for your tasks that cost about the same. I'd look for something with full category 1 hitch.

/ Simplicity Legacy #4  
The Simplicity Legacy is a great lttle tractor and should hold up well. That said however, I think their are better choices out their for your tasks that cost about the same. I'd look for something with full category 1 hitch.

/ Simplicity Legacy
Thanks for the opinion. I handn't thought about the Cat 1 hitch angle. On the Legacy, it's referred to as a <modified> hitch. I guess that means you're limited in the attachments it will take.
Any suggestions about alternatives?

/ Simplicity Legacy
Thanks for the opinion. I handn't thought about the Cat 1 hitch angle. On the Legacy, it's referred to as a <modified> hitch. I guess that means you're limited in the attachments it will take.
Any suggestions about alternatives?

/ Simplicity Legacy #7  
Any small frame compact such as the Kubota B series, Massey Fergusen 1523, John Deere 2340 and 2520, New Holland Tc 23A and 26A, Kioto ck20, etc. would be an ideal tractor.. I would probably get one with a position control 3pt hitch as it sounds like that will be the tractors most common task.

Don't get me wrong, the Legacy is an excellent machine, but it was designed to be a great mower first and formost. It can handle other chores, but if mowing the lawn is not going to be a primary job, then these other tracotrs are probably better suited for the tasks you will be using it for.

/ Simplicity Legacy #8  
Any small frame compact such as the Kubota B series, Massey Fergusen 1523, John Deere 2340 and 2520, New Holland Tc 23A and 26A, Kioto ck20, etc. would be an ideal tractor.. I would probably get one with a position control 3pt hitch as it sounds like that will be the tractors most common task.

Don't get me wrong, the Legacy is an excellent machine, but it was designed to be a great mower first and formost. It can handle other chores, but if mowing the lawn is not going to be a primary job, then these other tracotrs are probably better suited for the tasks you will be using it for.