questions:

/ questions: #1  

tf116

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
Hello the group....I am curious as to what TYM tractors is or are?....also how can I tell,if I am buying a grey market tractor?.....IF I buy a NH-MF-KIOTI-etc..
is this what I am buying?..not a grey market tractor.....confused......
I realize that these are probably silly questions, but I don't want to end up with something other than what i bought......Thanks for any info....Mike

/ questions: #2  
Grey market tractors were manufactured for use in some other country and later imported into the US as used tractors. Most of them come from Japan. Some common brands of greys are Yanmar, Hinomoto, Mitsubishi, Iseki and Zennoh (a Japenese farming coop; the tractors are usually Yanmar or Kubota powered). They often do not have ROPS or PTO shields, and in the case of mine, the labels are all in Japenese. Some have been repainted, had English labels and ROPS put on, but if it is one of these brands it could be grey. If you are buying a new or used tractor in one of the brands you mentioned, I wouldn't worry about it. And if you are buying a used tractor in a grey brand, they are often nice used tractors. Be careful of any that have been "remanufactured" though. But, they tend to have low hours, were not worked hard (mostly tilling rice paddies), and have an attractive price. Parts are available from the dealers who participate in this forum, especially the Yanmars.

/ questions: #3  
TYM offers a good range of tractors in North America. Reputation for making heavy, reliable machines with excellent loader performance. Sold under a number of other brand names like Century, Scorpian, and Branson. Branson is still being sold, maybe some left overs of the others. Most new ones will carry the TYM name. The constant changing of brand names and their rebadging initiatives has led to a lot of confusion. But really, the only knock on them is the lack of a widespread dealer network. If you have a dealer close by, they are worth consideration. See the TYM forum and see their website at www.tym-america.com.

Tom