Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy

/ Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy #61  
Renob said:
The BX24 (tractor only...no loader, no hoe) actually weighs approx. 200 pounds more than a B7510. The loader specs, apples to apples, pins to pins are also very close.

The CK20 is a whole other animal and is a great machine at what it does. The loader is stout and it handles ground engaging chores much better. I would not want one if cutting grass was its major duty.

I think you might want to double check those weights. If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), I believe the Kubota posted weights are shipping weights. The BX's are shipped with tires, the B series is not. Total weight of the tractor only on the 7510 with wheels will be more than tractor only on the BX24.

/ Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy #62  
I think you might want to double check those weights. If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), I believe the Kubota posted weights are shipping weights. The BX's are shipped with tires, the B series is not. Total weight of the tractor only on the 7510 with wheels will be more than tractor only on the BX24.
Tim........Kubota B2410 HSDB

Tim,

I would not try to help someone with bad information.

According to Kubota's published specifications (holding them in my grubby hands).

weight B7510 HSD - 1367 lbs. BX24 - 1542 lbs.

Theses are tractor only weights, no loader, backhoe or mower deck.

The loader would add 507lbs. and the hoe is just over 600 lbs. Total package for the BX24 almost 2700 lbs. Still a light weight compared to the CK20. The CK20 package would be another 700 lbs.

/ Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy #63  
Renob - I'm not accusing you of purposely posting bad info, I simply stated that there has been some debate as to the accuracy and what has been included in the weights Kubota publishes in their material. Kubota may have changed the way they publish weights (this is the part where I said I may be mistaken), but it appears at one time it was without tires,rops, etc on the B series. Every BX crate I've seen has the wheels included. You might want to refer to this old thread where contact was made directly with Kubota Corporate:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429&highlight=kubota+shipping+weight

Last edited:
   / Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy #64  
Here's a discussion from 2004, where I quoted the Kubota factory rep's e-mail on the subject: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36201

"They are assembled weights (tires & wheels) dry."

Read the last post in that thread for more information on the subject. Basically, the brochure specs include tires, wheels, etc., but the price book specs do not.

/ Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy #65  
Bill G,

Thanks for the research. The weights that I used were from recent Kubota brochures and manuals. With your clarification I feel more confident with the info I passed along.

I can understand why the numbers may reflect differently from the price list. Basically for shipping purposes.

/ Bx24 or Equivalent: Strategy #66  
I'll put my 2 cents in here. I really think the bx24 is a great little tractor but it is little and with the size and roughness of your place I don't think it will do everything you are asking of it (at least not in a timely manner). I would at least step up to a CUT and even look at a midsize 30/40 hp unit. I'm sure The bx will handle the mowing just fine but for dirt work it will be sloooooow. You were thinking the bx could do the dirt work and then maybe you'd sell it for a smaller mower but I think the bx would be about as small as you would want for mowing your amount of acreage and terrain. I think you should start out bigger and when you get the landscaping done if you want/need to go smaller you have the resale of a larger tractor working for you. Don’t see where you’ve looked at new holland/case or john deere in the posts. That is a nice place ya got, I hate to see ya get discouraged with too small a tractor.