eBay/Craigslist insane bidding on ebay

/ insane bidding on ebay #11  
Before I bought my Cub I was searching on Ebay. I found the same tractor twice up for auction. I contacted the real seller. He and I bid the scammer up to $1.5 million before Ebay shut it down. The real tractor was for sale at $5500.00 reserve price.

/ insane bidding on ebay #12  
Dargo said:
Got any more of those plasma TV's for a bargain price? I'd like one. :D

It is funny now and I can laugh about it, but when it happened all kinds of crazy stuff ran through my mind: what other info on me did they steal, can they get into my PayPal account, My credit cards, etc...

/ insane bidding on ebay #13  
A while back I bid on a John Deere 110 TLB located in Highland Indiana. The auction seemed real and some one else ran the bidding up to $28K. I was thinking about what to do and while I was examining the pictures on ebay I noticed mountains in the background. Highland Indiana is near where I grew up and it is as flat as a board! Needless to saw I dropped out of the auction.

/ insane bidding on ebay #14  
roxynoodle said:
I often see Kubota tractors on ebay, where the seller is asking a price that is way too low. They always ask you to contact them at some other email address instead of through ebay. I assume these are scammers. Well, today I see that the bidders may be playing a joke on the scammer. This particular TLB is at $500,100 right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/99-KUBOTA-4x4-L...8QQihZ016QQcategoryZ36549QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't see any evidence of scamming for the MF, JD and Ford tractor offerings on eBay. I've been watching the auctions for these brands for several months, my main interest being in a 2nd tractor 1960s-ealry 70s vintage.

A lot of the sellers set really high and unrealistic reserve prices and Buy-it-now prices. Not surprising that there are quite a few 0-bid auctions and auctions that don't meet the reserve price. So you run across lotsa re-listing of tractors on eBay, sometimes at lower asking prices, sometimes not.

/ insane bidding on ebay #15  
I almost fell into that trap on eBay. I was looking for a good used NH compact tractor. I saw a few on eBay over a period of a couple of months which tempted me. A tractor which sells for $17k+ new for less than $5k used with less than 100 hours on it!
I did not bite immediately and investigated thoroughly. After some digging, it looked too fishy.
Buyer beware! applies big time.

/ insane bidding on ebay
flusher said:
I don't see any evidence of scamming for the MF, JD and Ford tractor offerings on eBay.

I haven't seen any evidence of scamming on anything except Kubotas. I'm not really sure why. Because even if you don't know anything about tractors you recognize that brand? But in that case, doesn't everyone know JD too? I emailed 2 others last night whose accounts appeared to have been hijacked and this morning both of those listings were gone also. The other ebay scams I see are on Gibson Les Paul guitars. But on those listings the scammers are stealing listings rather than accounts! You will see the exact same listing a few pages apart. They copy the text and pictures.

/ insane bidding on ebay #17  
E-Bay: For Entertainment Purposes Only!:rolleyes:

/ insane bidding on ebay #19  
GeneD14

I'm still waiting for my plasma TV to arrive. You guys on e-bay are real slow shipping sometimes.

Especially when I sent you a cashiers check for $5500 and asked for the extra money to be sent back to me via Western Union that afternoon.

/ insane bidding on ebay #20