TLB in the 30to 40 hp range

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #1  

barticus73

Silver Member
Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544
I am selling my Cub Cadet 7272 with loader in order to get a new tractor a little bigger with a backhoe. The 7272 is 2 wheel drive so I figured I would be better off selling it and getting a 4wd model in a TLB package. I looked at the Farmtrac 360 DTC TLB and am getting quotes right around 23 to $24,000 for the complete package. This tractor is rated 39hp engine, 33hp pto, 4wd, with 12x12 synchro shuttle. I have looked at other brands but haven't received any quotes. I am getting close to having my tractor sold so now is the time to start shoppoing. What other packages are out there comparable to the Farmtrac model both in price and specs. I like the Farmtrac but worry as it is not a big name and 20 years from now will I be able to get parts. So I would like to know my options before pulling the trigger on the tractor.

Thanx for your help,

Jerry

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #2  
If you don't mind used.. look in the heavy equipment trader. usually LOTS of FORD 3xx 4xx and 5xx TLB's int here..

Soundguy

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #4  
Used Kubota L35.

Mahindra and kioti may have some in that category too.

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #5  
barticus73,
If you've looked at Farmtrac, it wouldn't hurt to take a peek at Montana, Kioti, Mahundra or the Chinese tractors such as Kama or Foton. You might be surprised what you can get. Especially if you're mechanically handy and plan to do some self service. IMO there will be trade-offs regardless what you choose.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting parts 20 years from now. Some of us will probably be dead by then.:) The way things are going, there's a good chance that many parts will come from off shore anyway. (as evidenced by the growing number of components made in China, Spain, Mexico or wherever ... showing up on many tractors now)

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #6  
Kioti CK30, 3054, or LK35 are nice packages that have a great deal of weight (ideal for digging) and might save you a few bucks. You should be able to get into a CK30 TLB for around $20K.

I also liked the TYM models (330 and above) - real heavy with a nice wide stance. They were also sold under Century, Scorpian, and Zetor name brands, but new ones are badged TYM.

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #7  
You can pretty easily get a 34Hp Hydrostatic Kubota TLB for the price of the farmtrac your looking at. Thats like getting a BMW for the price of a Kia.

/ TLB in the 30to 40 hp range
MessickFarmEqu said:
You can pretty easily get a 34Hp Hydrostatic Kubota TLB for the price of the farmtrac your looking at. Thats like getting a BMW for the price of a Kia.

Could you list some model numbers. The prices I have seen people give on here for 30 to 40 hp Kubotas with a loader and backhoe seem to be much higher than $23,000. I am more interested in shuttle shift than HST. If the prices are comparable I would definitly be interested.

Last edited:
   / TLB in the 30to 40 hp range #10  
MessickFarmEqu said:

Neil, we are still waiting for the details on this "BMW" you have for sale :D. Since he brought up Kia, a friend of mine is studying up on minivans for his wife, and the new Kia van is very highly rated, even by fussy Motor Trend, has the longest warranty, very good performance, well appointed, etc, yet is $5-$13K less than the others. Having Neil compare a Farmtrac to a Kia maybe isn't such a bad thing? I don't own a Kia or Farmtrac, but I do find the post a little amusing.

Last edited: